Rats can be the most annoying and dangerous pests that can ever disturb the peace inside your home. They not only eat scraps or open food stores in the pantry, but they also destroy the valuables that you most cherish.
As a responsible homeowner, you ought to keep your home away from these nasty pets that can bring harm not only to your home and family.
To help you get rid of these rats, here’s how a victor rat trap can do the job.
Setting up a Victor Rat Trap
- Gather all the materials
First things first, you need to gather all the materials that you will need for this specific set-up:
- Victor rat traps (you can purchase this on online shops or hardware stores)
- Set of gloves
- Scrap foods for bait
- Wear your gloves
Make sure that you always protect your hands, especially when handling pests in the house. You should wear gloves for that.
- Find a bait
Next, you need to find a bait that you can use to lure the rats to the trap. I know that mainstream media is showing us that cheese is always the best bait for rats. That is true, too. But other than cheese, you can also use food scraps from your dinner like meat or savory foods.
- Get some victor rat traps.
Purchase some Victor Rat Traps from the hardware store or online. As to how many traps you would need, it depends on how infested your home is. The more rats you need to catch, the more traps you would need to set-up.
- Setting up
As soon as you get the victor rat traps, open the package and let go of the armbar. Let go of the attached staple as well and place it over the arm of the backside of the trap. Locate the plastic pedal and place your chosen bait for the trap. Make sure it’s big enough to lure the rats to the trap.
Once you’ve successfully applied the bait for the trap, you will need to pull the kill bar backward and control it using your finger.
- Position the armbar
Now, you need to position the armbar over to the kill bar. Then you will need to tighten it with the plastic pedal, making sure that it’s well set-up.
Consider which option you would choose (firm or sensitive). The settings of the trap will vary on how successful you can trap the rats. If choosing the firm option, it will be easy to set-up, but it doesn’t catch so easily. On the other side, the sensitive set-up is a bit tedious but can catch fast.
- Repeat the process
If you have more victor rat traps, follow the previous steps when setting it up. You will have to scout where you usually see the rats lurking around. Before you go to bed, position the victor rat traps to its designated area. Rats usually hang out where the food is. So they’re usually in the kitchen, pantry or garbage area.
Check the next day if you’ve caught those nasty rats and make sure you wear gloves when disposing of them. Then repeat.
Important tips to remember
- Check the bait every morning if you’ve caught any. If yes, then you will need to get rid of all the rats properly, so it won’t smell. You may bury them away from your area as well.
- If your bait has not caught any rat, replace the bait from time to time, so there won’t be any ant or other insects that would hover around it.
- Never throw the rats in the garbage can for a long time because they will smell really bad. The smell can also be harmful to your health.
- When setting up the bait, make sure to inform your housemates so they would be more careful when entering the area where you set-up the traps. They might accidentally step on it and can result in serious injuries.
- If you have pets at home, it’s also important to keep them away from the traps to prevent them from getting hurt. Pets can smell the bait, and they might get lured in to go to the traps for the bait and get trapped instead.
- When handling the traps, handle it with care. A lot of incidents have happened where people accidentally had their fingers clammed by the trap. It’s no joke, and it can create some serious injuries. Make sure you’re reading the instructions carefully when handling the trap.
- Clean the trap when reusing for the next attack. This is to make sure that no germs can spread inside your homes from the previous rats you’ve caught.
- To maintain a rat-free or pest-free home, clean your home constantly, and throw all food scraps properly.
How do you set a victor power kill rat trap?
How do you set a victor mouse trap?
How do you set up a rat trap?
What is the best bait for a Victor rat trap?
What kills a rat instantly?
What do rats hate the most?
What smell scares rats away?
Will vinegar kill rats?
Can onions kill rats?
Will sleeping with lights on keep rats away?
How do you kill a smart rat?
How does baking soda kill rats?
Does peanut butter kill rats?
How do you make homemade rat killer?
How long does it take for baking soda to kill a rat?
Does bleach keep rats away?
Does baking soda flour and sugar kill rats?
How do you kill a rat without a trap?
Because of the high resistance to baking soda, a rat would need to consume between two and three grams of it to die.