If it’s your first time to use a pressure washer, here are some steps to help you get started:
How to prepare your pressure washer for use
Before we get to the details of how to start your pressure washer, make sure that it is ready for use first. Begin by checking the water strainer for any debris that could hinder its performance and make sure that it is placed properly.
Once you’re done, connect the washer to a house but don’t connect it to a potable water source. Make sure that everything is in place and choose the right nozzle for your activity.
To test if the machine is ready, try to turn on the water and wait for the hose to fill up so you can see if there are any leaks on the connections or if you’re ready to use the pressure washer.
How to start an electric pressure washer
A lot of people prefer to use an electric power washer because it’s easier than the gas option, which we will discuss later. To start an electric power washer, here are some easy steps for you to follow:
- Start by attaching a garden hose to the right outlet in the pressure washer and attach the high-pressure hose in place.
- Choose the nozzle that you prefer to use depending on your cleaning activity and attach it by simply pulling back the collar at the end of the gun.
- Try to get rid of the air and water from the washer by depressing the spray wand trigger. This method also helps remove any built-up pressure from the device.
- While still holding the spray wand trigger, turn the engine on to see if it functions properly. Once it does, you can already start cleaning.
- After you’re done using your electric pressure washer, make sure to turn the engine off and remove the plug from the outlet.
- Release any excess pressure just by squeezing the gun repeatedly.
- Remove the hoses and get rid of as much water from them before putting the hoses in storage.
How to start a gas pressure washer
If you prefer to use a gas pressure washer over the traditional electric pressure washer, make sure to follow these steps:
- Start by checking the gas and oil levels in the pressure washer to see if they are still enough for the cleaning that you’d want to do.
- Place the gas pressure washer on a flat surface to make it easier to use.
- Try to vent the plug properly and attach the hoses to the pressure washer. Begin by connecting a garden hose to the washer while attaching the other end to the water supply.
- Turn the water on and purge water and air from the device to make sure that it will work properly.
- Regulate the gas line and turn the engine on. Also, choose the high pressure nozzle that’s best for your cleaning activity.
- Release any excess pressure built up from the equipment by depressing and holding the spray wand trigger. While holding the trigger, try to pull the engine cord and regulate the choke down to close the device’s airflow as you clean.
- After using the gas pressure washer, make sure that you turn the engine switch off and squeeze the trigger gun to release any built up pressure on the device.
- Turn off your water supply and disconnect the hoses from the equipment. Make sure to remove as much water from the hoses as possible and remove the nozzle from the gun.
We hope these steps will help you enjoy using your pressure washer, whether it’s an electric or gas pressure washer.
Do you start a pressure washer with water on or off?
What would cause a pressure washer not to start?
Can you start a pressure washer without water?
How do I start my cold pressure washer?
How long can you run a pressure washer?
How do you start a flooded power washer?
What do you do when your pressure washer won’t start?
How do you start a flooded small engine?
- Unscrew the air filter cover from the small engine with the flathead screwdriver.
- Pull the cover off and pull out the air filter.
- Insert the screwdriver into the air intake valve of the engine.
- Turn the key or pull start the engine until it starts.
- Shut off the mower.
How do you start a Briggs and Stratton power washer?
How do you start a Briggs and Stratton 2700 power washer?
Are Briggs and Stratton pressure washers good?
How do you troubleshoot a pressure washer?
- Run water through pressure washer until all air is removed from the hose.
- Check your air filter. Clean if dirty and replace if damaged.
- Check oil level. Change if needed.
- Top off fuel in tank.
- Make sure your spark plug is connected to the wire.
- If your engine was smoking: