How to Tweet on PC or Mac
- Launch a computer browser and head to https://www.twitter.com/. By doing that, you’ll get to your Twitter Feed if were already logged in. If not yet logged in, type in your username, phone, or email and a correct password.
- When you get to your Twitter account homepage, click on the “Tweet” button located on the top right corner of the screen. Alternatively, you can click in the “What’s happening field”. Doing so will prompt a new text field to appear.
- Compose your tweet in the text field. While composing your tweet, you will be allowed to type a tweet with up to 280 characters, including spaces. Therefore, you have to be very precise to ensure that you capture your thought within the 280 characters.
- If you’d wish to tag someone, type a few letters of their usernames starting with @ in the Username box. For example, @username that you want to tag. This will prompt a drop-down menu to appear. From the drop-down, a list of usernames will appear from which you can choose the intended name. When you tag someone in your tweet, the person will get notified when you tweet.
- Add a hashtag (optional). Adding a hashtag to your tweet makes the tweet to be grouped with the tweets from other tweeter user using the same hashtag. To add a hashtag, add a hashtag sign (#) followed by your text without space. An example of a hashtag is “#releasetheinnocent. You’re allowed to use as many hashtags as your character limit will hold. If you’re looking for how to tweet a hashtag, then this is the point.
- Add visuals (Optional). To make your tweets more compelling, you can add photos, videos, or GIFs to your tweet.
- To add photos, click on the gallery icon located on the lower-left corner below the “Compose new tweet” box. The image resembles two overlapping mountains. From there, you can select a maximum of 4 photos or opt for one video from the computer instead. Finally, hit on the “Open” option.
- To add a GIF, click on the GIF icon located below the “Compose new Tweet” window and type a keyword into the search box. When the GIF appears, click on it to add it to your tweet.
- Create a tweet thread. If you run out of the maximum number of the allowable tweet characters, you can add an extension. To do that, click the “+” icon found in the bottom left corner of the new tweet box, and then you can add a tweet with or without images, a video, or GIF.
- Confirm the content of your newly composed tweet and then click on the “Tweet” button. By doing that, your tweet will be posted to your profile.
- If you’d wish to pin your tweet at the top of your profile, click on the v-shaped icon located in the upper right corner of your tweet. After that, click on the “Pin to your profile page” option from the drop-down menu. After that, a “Tweet all” prompt will appear when you’re tweeting multiple tweets.
- Tweet a poll to your followers. If you’d wish to tweet a survey in which you want your followers to participate, the following steps come in handy.
- Navigate and click on the “Tweet” button located in the upper part of the page.
- After that, create your question in the Tweet box.
- Next, click on the “Poll” icon resembling a bar graph.
- With that done, add the poll choice in the text field (Choice 1, Choice 2…). You include as many choices as you want by clicking on the “Add a choice link.”
- Next, set the time frame for the poll by clicking on one day and then select your appropriate time limit.
- Finally, hit on the “Tweet” button to post your poll.
Note: If you don’t want to compost a plain tweet and post, you can follow steps 1, 2, 3, and hit on the “Tweet” button when done with composing your tweet. However, if you want to use Twitter like a pro, go ahead and add more to your tweets. After step 3, you can navigate to any step, depending on your needs. After all, you may not need to use all the steps at once.
How to Tweet on Twitter App – Twitter Mobile
- Download the Twitter mobile application if you don’t have it installed on your mobile phone. You can download it from Google Play Store if you’re using an android device or had to Apple App Store if you’re using an iPhone and iPad.
- With that done, launch you’re the Twitter app and sign up for twitter using your email, phone. When through with the signup process, you can customize your profile and start tweeting. If you have an account, you can use your username a password to log in to your Twitter account.
- Next, tap on the “Tweet” icon. It’s a feather-like icon found on the lower right corner of the screen on Android phones. On an iPhone or iPad, this option is located on the top right corner. Doing so prompts a tweet text box and an on-screen keyboard to appear.
- Start composing your tweet in the provided text field. Your tweet should be a maximum of 280 characters with the spaces included. When you’re through typing your tweet and wouldn’t wish to add other elements in it, hit on the blue “Tweet” button located at the bottom right to get your message posted on your profile.
- Tag other twitter accounts in your tweet (optional). If you’d wish to tag other Twitter users in your tweet, begin by typing @ before adding the keywords associated with the user account. Doing so will prompt the usernames related to your search to appear in a drop-down menu. From the names displayed, select the intended user to tag. When you post a tweet in which other users are tagged, the tagged users will be notified.
- Tweet a hashtag (Optional). Adding hashtag groups your tweet with tweets from other Twitter users who have used the same hashtag. To add a hashtag (#) to your tweets, type the “#” symbol followed by words without adding any space between the characters: example, #globalclimatechange. You’re free to use as many hashtags as your character limit allows. Got it? Right, let’s proceed to the next step.
- Add photos, videos, or GIFs to your tweet (optional).
- To upload photos or a video, tap on the gallery icon in the lower-left corner of your tweet box and then select a maximum of four photos or one video. Tap on the “Add” or “Done” option if you’re using iPhone. If you’re using an Android phone, you’ll have to add the photos one-by-one.
- To add a GIF, tap on the “GIF” icon located on the lower side of the tweet box. After that, select the category of the GIF. With that done, type a keyword in the search box and tap on your preferred GIF from the results. Doing that adds your GIF into your tweet.
- Create a tweet thread (Optional). This step is significant, especially when you run out of your characters, and you have valuable information or thought to share. To add your tweet to a thread, tap on the “+” in the bottom right of the tweet box. With that done, you can add your tweet and post.
- When done working on your tweet, hit on the “Tweet” button to get your tweet posted to your profile.
- Pin your tweet to your profile (optional). To pin your tweet, tap on the V-icon found at the upper right corner of the tweet. After that, tap on the “Pin to your profile” in the resulting menu. And that’s it.
- Tweet a poll. If you want to tweet out a survey so that your followers can respond, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Tweet icon and enter your query in the boxes provided.
- Next, tap on the “+” next to text box 2 to add one more choice box. If you need another one, tap on the “+” next to the third choice box.
- Add your choice tittles in the text boxes.
- Tap on the “1 day” option to set the time frame for your poll.
- Finally, tap on the “Tweet” button.
Note: Steps 1 to 4 are the necessary steps. If you don’t want to add anything to the plain text, you can hit on the tweet button at that point.
Tweet Via an SMS
Ensure your phone number is linked to your Twitter account.
Find the Twitter short code for your country. If you don’t find your country’s code, then you may not be able to tweet via SMS.
Send a short message to the short code. By doing that, your message will be posted on your Twitter profile. And that’s much about it. If you want to confirm whether the message is tweeted, you can log in to your Twitter account and check on your profile.