If you found an eBay item that you like to purchase, then it is possible to make the seller an offer instead of paying the full amount. These steps can help you to have a successful experience when making an offer on eBay.
- Look at the listing to see if it has a Make Offer option beneath the Buy It Now graphics and price. If one is available, then you can make the offer.
- You can look for Best Offer listings by going to the advanced search option and entering your preferred keywords.
- When you are ready to make an offer, you will want to complete these specific tasks from the listing page.
- Select the Make Offer option.
- Enter the amount that you wish to pay. You can include additional items if you want through a message to the sellers.
- Choose to review the offer.
- Then you can submit the offer if you are satisfied with it.
- Sellers have up to 48 hours to respond to the request. They can accept, reject, or negotiate to a different price. If you do not receive a response or the listing ends, then your eBay offer expires.
- If a seller accepts your offer, then it is treated like any other sale on eBay. Immediate payment is not necessary like it would be with the Buy It Now option.
TIP: You can make up to five offers on most eBay items, although vehicle categories allow for up to 10 offers.
How do I negotiate a price on eBay?
You can haggle on eBay. The best way to haggle is to offer a lower price through the Best Offer option. The second way is to reach out directly to the seller with an offer lower than their listing price.
Why can’t I make an offer on eBay?
You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:You either don’t have a PayPal account or your PayPal account isn’t linked to your eBay account.
Why can’t I bid higher on eBay?
To make sure buyers don’t buy or bid more than they’re comfortable with, we occasionally place limits on a member’s buying activity. We may also restrict buying if we believe a member has violated an eBay policy. From time to time, we may place a buying limit or restriction on an account.
Can I accept an offer on eBay before the auction ends?
So, no, you cannot accept their “offer“. So, invite the person to place a bid and wish them luck. You can also have them bid and end the listing early to sell to the highest bidder.
Do you have to sell your item on eBay to the highest bidder?
Yes you do. You should never start your auction lower than a price you are willing to accept. If for some reason you REALLY don’t want to sell it then you can use a seller cancelled transaction. However this will give you a defect and too many of those and you‘ll be blocked from selling on ebay.
How much should I offer for best offer on eBay?
It might surprise you to learn that sellers can block you from bidding on their items, and any future items they sell, and in some extreme cases, they can block you from using eBay altogether. A great way to get yourself blocked is by making a Best Offer of $10 on an item that’s easily worth $500 or more.
Can you sell straight away on eBay?
Once you‘ve registered, you can start selling by selecting Sell at the top of any eBay page, or using our mobile app. Was this article helpful for you?
Is it better to sell on eBay or Amazon?
Amazon has not. Compared to Amazon (and even though you can buy used items on both), people prefer eBay when shopping for second-hand goods. Also, its auction-model lends itself perfectly to selling used items, offering buyers a chance to purchase them at competitive prices.
Is it worth it selling on eBay?
There is not much risk involved
It’s one of those businesses you can start with less than $100, or in some cases with just a few dollars (to pay fees and shipping costs). If there is anyone that is interested in becoming a seller on eBay they can always try it out without too great a level of risk.
What is the most popular thing on eBay?
Top 10 best items to sell on eBay
- Jewellery and watches.
- Books, comics and magazines.
- Televisions and headphones.
- Sporting goods.
- Mobile phones.
Can you get scammed on eBay?
Whether you‘re a frequent buyer or seller on eBay (EBAY) – Get Report or consider yourself more of an occasional peruser, there are a lot of ways you can get scammed through online retail. From a classic bait-and-switch to fraudulent pay services, the methods of online scammers seem endless.
Does eBay sell fake stuff?
What is the policy? Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include: Fakes, copies, or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn’t made by Nike)
Can I get my money back if I get scammed on eBay?
eBay Money Back Guarantee covers most transactions on eBay. It means buyers can get their money back if an item didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing.
What happens if eBay seller doesn’t ship item?
Report an item that hasn’t arrived through My eBay
- Go to Purchase history – opens in new window or tab.
- Select More actions beside your item and then I didn’t receive it.
- Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item.
- You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
- Select Send request.