School days are usually filled up with lots of assignments and projects. So our learning doesn’t stop the moment we come to home after a tired day at school. It continues in the form of assignments. Well, these assignments are the one that tests your real knowledge, skill, and innovative thinking. So let us see how to design them, make them and finally watch them float.
- Analyze the Types of Boats and Material Needed
Some boats can be made from our everyday products. Let us see a few examples of the same. The most used one is the cork boat-materials required for the same are cork for the base, toothpick that can act as pole and other decorative material like color paper.
- Recycled boat can be made from the extra milk carton at your home that can act as a basement for the boat, and tooth stick that can act as pole and other decorative papers and color pens to add your personal touch.
- Paper boat can be made using thick foldable paper, the step for the same follows. If you have the used egg carton at your home you can then use it as a base. Use tooth stick and decorative papers to add your personal touch.
- One can also make a motorboat which will look cool as well fast. Let us see the materials required to make the same and how to make them. Material needed bio-foam sheet, one motor, 9v battery, one fan, battery cap, and hot glue.
- Decide Your Type of Boat
It’s time to decide on what boat modes to go with after analyzing the type of boat and material required for the same. The boats finally being decided to be made with should be the one according to your need.
- If you are in a situation to make the boat as soon as possible then you can go with the boat which can be made by homemade materials.
- But on the other hand, if you have lots of time and finance in your hand then you can go with the motorboat which looks like a replica of the real motorboat.
- Follow the Instruction
After you have decided with the type of boat that you have decided to go with, then the next and obvious next step is to make the boat by following up the instructions specified to make the boat.
- There is no proper instruction specified to make a boat form the everyday materials. With such models, your creativity becomes your first best friend that will aid you to make the perfect boat. So one need not wait for instruction and carry forward with one’s creativity.
- But when it comes to the boat which required extra materials then one would need proper technical instruction before making the same. Like as in the case of a motorboat and the instruction to make the same are as follows.
So your search ends here if you are swimming from one place to another in search of that perfect boat model of various types.
- Cut the foam in a curved triangle shape on top and square at the bottom. Attach the motor and again the fan over it. Stick the same to the boat.
- Stick the battery parallel to the motor. Now connect the motor and battery with the wire.
- The boat is ready to float.
- Add Your Personal Touch
Now it’s time to add a personal touch to your boat after you have followed all the instruction provided and completed the boat. A personal touch is very essential to make your boat to stand out from the rest of the students.
- One can also make one’s own creative logo design that can make your boat standout and at the same time give your own personal touch. To add a better personal touch you can come up with a funny name for your boat and take the help of calligrapher to write the same on your boat using a marker or colorful nail paint.
- A creative touch can also be added by using sketch pens or watercolor to make it a little more colorful. You can even use natural items like leaves or flower petals to give the boat a touch of nature as well as some color.
- Ready to Float
Voila! Your boat is now ready to float. The last and final thing to remember at this point is to handle the same with utmost gentleness and care.
One such common project given by school is to make boats. The making of a model boat may seem like an easy task, but the task becomes little complicated when it comes to making sure that it’s perfect enough to float for a long period of time.