The New Year has just begun and many of you would have taken the pledge of exercising daily. The idea behind writing this article is to teach how you can make exercising fun, so you don’t give yourself an excuse to leave it in between. Here is how you can make exercising fun
- Find a Buddy
Exercising is tiring and it is more painstaking when you initiate it after a long gap or for the first time. Your muscles will start pain after a workout and you can even suffer from fever during the initial days. All these factors de-motivate us and eliminate our desire to go further. But, don’t lose hope here. You can make exercise fun by finding a motivating friend.
- Call to your friend who exercise regularly and tell him that you too want to exercise, but need a little push.
- Ask your friend to help you in setting your daily routine for exercise.
- Ask him to help you leaving your bed in the morning, so you don’t get ready for exercise.
- Try to exercise with your friend, plan some new workouts together do something new. You can join some classes together to enjoy more.
- Keep changing your exercise; don’t remain stuck with one workout. For e.g. keep first two days of cardio, the next two days of yoga, the next two days for some running and pushups.
- The company of a good friend makes exercising fun.
- Get Enrolled to Some Class
If you think finding a friend who is as enthusiastic for exercise as you is difficult, then better join a class near to your workplace or your home. It is best to exercise in the morning, but you can do it anytime if you can’t make in the morning
- To find a class, take help of applications that helps in searching different service providers.
- Take the help of friends or colleagues to find a class near your place. You can check advertisements as well.
- The class doesn’t necessarily means it should be a gym. The class for a workout could be a dance class, Zumba class, yoga class, etc.
- Set Goals
The pleasure of achieving some goal is something that cannot be explained. So, set some fitness goals and try to achieve it. The methods to set goals are,
- Your first goal should be to continue exercising without any break and take it in your daily routine.
- Now, gradually introduce some new workouts and set goals to increase the number of sets.
- This is your short term goals. Make midterm goals as well as like you want six packs, built your muscles, etc.
- Do not forget to reward yourself when you are able to achieve something. The reward makes the whole process enthusiastic.
- Play Games
Exercising doesn’t mean hitting the gym, running or doing some other activities. Exercise means any physical workout that you do. You can play games. Pick your favorite outdoor sport and start playing it. You can ask your friends to join you in those games to add fun in it.
- Choose games that involve muscular movement, such as badminton, football, volleyball, etc.
- Pump up the duration of the game you are playing gradually.
- Download Apps for Exercise
There are many applications present for teaching workout as well as to motivate you. Download couple of apps that you find interesting and start following it. The benefits of these apps are
- They will engage you in workout online
- In addition to providing you training for a workout, they also give you diet counseling.
- The apps also count how many calories you have consumed and how much you have burned in a day.
- The apps give you the motivation that you need to do more out and shred more calories.
- Exercise, but Not in Routine
Our home chorus requires lots of exercise to do. If you want to take a break from your regular exercise regime, but still want to do exercise, and then engage yourself in work chorus like home cleaning. Some of the works you can do regularly without even realizing that you are working out include
- Broom and mop your house on your own, this is the best exercise and burns lots of calories.
- Engage yourself in some gardening work. Gardening activity involves lots of physical work and in turn it gives mental relaxation, plus enough supply of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- You can do dusting of your house furniture, wall and windows.
Regular exercise is important to keep the body healthy and mind refreshing. Different forms of exercises are there that you can choose from, but pick one that you love to do.
How can I make my workout less boring?
- Get a pedometer. All five of the Live Longer & Stronger Challenge participants have the Omrom Alvita wireless activity tracker.
- Combine work and play.
- Get a four-legged fitness buddy.
- Sneak it in.
- Think like a kid.
- Turn social events into sweat sessions.
- Keep setting goals.
Can exercising be fun?
Can I get fit without a gym?
What activities count as exercise?
- Yard Work.
- Playing With Kids.
What are the 5 basic exercises?
Is 30 minutes of working out a day enough?
What are some everyday activities?
- READ MORE: * Does your workout have to be fun to work?
- WASHING YOUR CAR.
- ORDERING DRINKS.
What are daily physical activities?
- Brisk walking.
- Bicycle riding.
- Martial arts such as karate or tae kwon do (can be vigorous too)