When your girlfriend is sad, it gives you an empty feeling in your stomach that doesn’t go away easily. Even if it’s not your fault, you are bound to be affected by your girlfriend’s mood. In this segment, we bring you a few tips on how to make your girlfriend feel better.
- Make Her Feel Wanted
Girls love it when boys show that they want them. So, if you’re trying to make your girlfriend feel better, try to make her feel wanted.
- Express how much she means to you.
- Express how she made your life better.
- Show her through actions that you still love having her around.
- Tell her she makes you happy.
- Tell her how her presence makes you feel.
- Surprise Her
Most girls love being surprised. This is a good trick to quickly uplift your girlfriend’s mood.
- Plan a surprise date for her.
- Get her a gift when she isn’t expecting one.
- Listen to Her
Your girlfriend may be holding in a lot of emotions which is making her sad. In such a situation, the best thing you can do for her is to listen to her.
- Listen to what she is saying carefully.
- Devote all your attention towards listening to her.
- Hear her out so that she feels lighter.
- Devote Your Attention to Her
Not getting your attention when your girlfriend is sad can worsen her mood. So be sure to give her your attention when she is sad.
- Listen to her problems attentively.
- Try to gain a better understanding of what she is going through.
- Getting your attention will uplift her spirits.
- Show her that you care about her.
- Try to Understand Her Problem
Your girlfriend will definitely try to reach out to you and explain her problems. You need to be there and ready to understand her issues.
- Try to understand things from her perspective.
- Try to grasp the gravity of her problems.
- What may seem trivial to you, may mean a lot to her.
- Try to Give Constructive Advice
Girls are always open to good constructive advice. So, if your girl is feeling low, chances are that she will reach out to you for advice.
- Understand her problem before offering advice.
- Offer good constructive advice.
- Try to be more useful than someone who just says that everything will be all right.
- Help your girlfriend navigate her problems.
- Stand with her in these trying times.
- Support Her
Sometimes, you may not be able to solve the problem your girlfriend is faced with. In such a situation, the best thing you can do is support her all the way.
- Be there for her and try to help her with whatever she needs.
- Give her emotional support.
- Try to lessen her workload.
- Understand Things from Her Perspective
Girls and boys often have wildly different viewpoints. If your girlfriend is sad, you need to see things from her viewpoint.
- Try to understand how she feels about the whole situation.
- Try to grasp why she is feeling the way she is.
- Instead of interpreting her problem in your own way, try to understand what she is saying.
- Be understanding throughout the conversation about why she is feeling low.
- Show Some Positivity
When your girlfriend is feeling low, things may look completely forlorn to her. In such a case, you need to be a ray of positivity.
- Tell her some positive thoughts.
- Say her that she is capable of handling whatever is bothering her.
- Tell her that you are standing beside her no matter what.
- Tell her that the problems she is facing will pass.
- Be positive about the whole situation and try to show her the bright side.
- Try to Bring in Humor
Serious situations can be instantly lightened with a dash of humor. However, you need to be careful about the style of humor you use.
- Don’t make fun of her problems or mock them.
- Don’t rely on the internet for jokes.
- Use the current situation to bring out some unique humor.
- Rely on spontaneous humor.
- Use your own sense of humor to lighten the situation.
- Show Some Affection
Girls love it when boys share their feelings. Since your girlfriend is feeling low, it might be a good time to express your feelings for her and show her some affection.
- Tell her how she makes you feel.
- Plan something romantic.
- Try doing something she will appreciate like cooking for her.
- Do Something that She Likes
To uplift her mood, try doing something that she likes. It could be a gesture from your side like cooking or a combined activity which she enjoys.
- Prioritize what she likes to do so that she feels better.
- Try cooking her favorite dish or ordering her favorite food.
- Make plans with her to go do something she enjoys.
- What you do for her can also be a surprise.
- This gesture from your side is sure to improve her mood.
- Say Something Comforting
Girls respond well to verbal comforting. Hence, you can to verbally comfort her so that she feels better.
- Say something reassuring.
- Try to explain to her how things will get better rather than just saying things will get better.
- First, hear out all her problems before trying to reassure or comfort her.
- Don’t be Dismissive
Being dismissive is the worst thing you can do in such a situation. Try to understand that your girlfriend is really getting bothered by something to feel this way.
- Don’t dismiss her problems as just minor issues.
- Don’t fail to acknowledge that her problems are important as well.
- Under no circumstances should you say that her feelings her unfounded.
- Don’t be dismissive towards the way she is feeling.
- Show her that her feelings matter.
- Try to Empathize with Her
Empathy can be a great way to make your girlfriend feel better if she is feeling low. She will really appreciate you and your efforts if you are able to empathize with her.
- Empathizing requires a great deal of understanding towards your girlfriend’s problems.
- If you are unable to empathize with her, don’t pretend that you are being able to.
- Empathy is always better than offering sympathy.
- Get an understanding of the depth of the reason why she is feeling low before you start empathizing with her.
- Be Patient
Sometimes when the situation is inexplicable, your girlfriend might just want you to be there and stand next to her.
- Be patient with your girlfriend as she deals with her problems.
- Patiently wait for her to share how she is feeling rather than pushing for answers.
- Patiently listen to her problems and try to understand them.
- You may have to wait before she tells you the whole story.
- Her reasons and problems might not appear to be of the same magnitude to you as they do to her.
- Don’t Try too Hard
Girls may not always share the problems that they deal with. Don’t try too hard to be there for her if she wants space.
- Not push her for answers.
- Don’t try to be a hero and don’t make her a damsel in distress.
- Give her some space if she wants it.
- Let her deal with her problems her own way; don’t try to impose your will on her.
- Guide the situation deftly and don’t try to change the topic.
- Don’t try to tell her how to feel and what to do, just offer suggestions.
- Explore past the problems together as a team.
What do you do when your girlfriend is upset?
- Do not storm out.
- Once she has calmed down, run the tub for her and run out to get some chocolates or something small.
- If you cannot help her, suggest she talk to a friend.
- Give good romantic pick up lines and kiss her.
- Compose a romantic tune to make her smile.
- Try holding her hand to comfort her.
What makes a girl jealous?
How do you tell if a girl is using you?
- You have to pay for everything. It feels like she always gets her way.
- She avoids serious talks.
- She only wants to do things that she likes.
- She might not even know your last name.
- Pay attention to her body language.
- Maybe she just wants relationship.
Does making girl jealous work?
How can I impress a girl I like?
- Don’t ignore her or play hard to get. If she texts you, text back.
- Go out of your way to help her. If she could use a hand with something, offer your assistance!
- Let her talk. The #1 mistake when talking to a girl is focusing on yourself.
- Start an inside joke with her!
How a girl can impress a boy?
How can I win my crush’s heart?
- Really get to know them for who they are. Take the time and effort to build a strong relationship based on trust and reliability.
- Increase chances to hang out with them. Make time for them.
- Confess your feelings. Sometimes, people will develop feelings for you in return over time.