If you wish to make hair blond or have a lighter hue added to your tresses without opting for expensive salon treatments, there are natural and home solutions that one can resort to.
Here are ten ways to lighten hair using natural and easy techniques:
Use Lemon Juice
- Add concentrated lemon juice to distilled water in half and half proportion; this will help to lighten light brown to dark blond hair and will not add on reddish tones.
- It is best to leave on the solution on the hair for some time before washing it off.
Use of Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide diluted with distilled water, half and half can be applied to the tresses evenly. This chemical is a known hair lightener and can help to lighten hair color quickly.
- It is best to wash off the hair after 15 to 20 minutes since the prolonged effect can be harmful to your hair.
Use of Vinegar
The benefits of apple cider vinegar are many and it can also be a natural lightener for your tresses.
- Mix concentrated vinegar with distilled water in equal proportions.
- Spray it on the hair or apply with a brush or cotton ball on the strands; leave the application on the hair for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. It also helps to maintain reddish highlights that one might have on their hair.
This natural agent has been known to be a hair color lightener for long.
- Simply brew a strong cup of chamomile tea
- Once it has cooled, apply it on hair strands evenly in gaps or all over. It is best to sit out in the sun to get nice effects.
- Let the tea dry on the hair for 30 minutes before washing it off.
Use of Olive Oil and Honey
A warm cup, one-fourth of honey and olive oil can be added to the hair, worked on the ends and left to dry for 30 minutes to an hour.
Before washing hair it is best to use your hands and work it into your hair well; it will help create softer hair and subtle highlights.
Henna is known to darken but on black or dark brown hair it can be used for lightening or for adding reddish highlights.
- Use three tablespoons of henna powder and add to a cup of hot water.
- Let it sit for 12 hours before you apply it to your hair strands. Once the solution dries up in two to three hours wash your hair and style it normally.
Use of Cinnamon Powder
- Mix cinnamon powder to a cup of normal conditioner.
- Create a thick paste from the same and apply it on hair.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours and wash it off to find subtle effects and silky hair at the end.
- Make juice after boiling one-fourth cup of rhubarb, chopped and added to two cups of water.
- The juice, after being cooled, can be applied on hair and left for ten minutes before washing it off.
Honey and Vinegar
- Use a cup of honey and two cups of apple cider vinegar to which a tablespoon of warm coconut oil is added.
- Apply this to the hair and leave on for several hours before washing it off.
- Make a paste with baking soda and warm water and apply on hair strands.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes or longer and wash it off to find highlights on your hair.