Wireless spy cameras are pretty costly and very hard to find. But, this is a way to save your money as well as your time by making your own spy camera. You may not believe it, but all necessary items needed for the same as lying all with you in your cupboard. And even if you don’t have them, it’s very easy to procure them and put them online or offline very cheaply.
Choosing a Phone
At first, you need to choose a suitable phone with a camera. Nowadays almost all mobile phones come with a fitted camera. A cheap good quality video camera phone will not be something that is hard to find. The quality of the camera is directly proportional to your need for the quality of the footage for the surveillance. But camera quality will depend upon your budget, don’t sad if you can’t afford a good one.
- To watch the surveillance footage on the phone without any wires, you would be required to have a wireless network or Bluetooth.
- Both these vary with the length of range they can connect to; Bluetooth doesn’t have a long range so you may find connecting difficulties.
- But then the wireless network can work in your favor in this case, and you don’t have to worry.
- Learning to make your very own spy camera with your spear phone will help you to keep an eye on whatever happens in your home or office while you are not around.
- The spy cameras will be so mobile and small that it will be very easy to hide them anywhere you like them.
Modifying the Phone
Modification of the phone may be required, depending upon the requirements. If the battery supports, then you’ll be able to record long footage without any break. Your money is getting stolen, things are being displaced from your table, someone entering your property without your permission, and you need help? This is your solution.
- A spy camera which will cost you nothing and save you everything.
- Think where you want to place the camera and come up with a stand for it or any way to just keep the camera in a stable position.
- For example, you could place the phone in an old shoe box or a book, or wherever it looks less suspicious.
- With that being said, it is very important to make sure that the camera is still visible, else it will lose its purpose.
As now we have done with the hardware part, now we will have to look into the software part. You will be required to install any good security software on your phone.
- Software like this is available in plenty these days in the market. Specifically designed for specific brands of phones and model.
- It will be very easy for you to find software, install it properly, and register thoroughly.
Hiding the Phone
With the phone ready, you will then need to hide it somewhere. Took it out of the way, so that doesn’t look conspicuous.
- Also, make sure that the camera has a clear line of view of whatever it is you are trying to capture.
- This is important because the camera will not be able to move. You have watched all those spy shows? Use that knowledge and hide it perfectly in disguise.
Testing the Camera
When you have hidden the phone, you will then need to test it. This will ensure that you are capturing videos of the right area of the room.
- Once you have tested it, you then need to set it up and start capturing the footage. It’s then easy to view the footage wirelessly.
- Watch the footage thoroughly, check the position of the camera, check the video and make sure the phone has enough space to save it.
- Check the picture quality of the phone’s camera and get a new one if the quality is back.
- Choose software precisely.
Use it wisely and don’t misuse it for satisfying any ill intentions.
How can I turn my mobile camera into a spy camera?
Can a cell phone detect a hidden camera?
- Install AtHome Video Streamer- Monitor (Android | iOS) on your old smartphone.
- Now, download the AtHome Monitor app (Android | iOS) on the device you want to receive the CCTV feed.
- On the ‘camera‘ and the viewing phone both, launch the respective apps.
How do you hide a camera in plain sight?
Is Spy Camera legal?
What apps detect hidden cameras?
Do hidden cameras need wifi?
The best way to detect hidden cameras would be by switching the lights off. Most cameras would have blinking LED lights that are easier to spot in low light conditions or in darkness. All you have to do is switch off the lights and pan your flashlight around the room.
How do you know if you are spied on?
- Turn off all sources of lights.
- Open up your smartphone camera and point it at suspicious areas like clocks, shelves, weirdly placed decorative items and any other place you could think of where such cameras could be hidden.
- Look for small white spots emitting from anywhere.
What are the different types of hidden cameras?
What is the smallest hidden camera?
How can listening devices detect hidden cameras?
It may be very small, but a circular spot, no larger than a coin, is a signal that you are being spied on. In particular, small devices such as pinhole microphones or video cameras, rest on the other side of a ceiling or wall and may leave an impression.
How do wireless hidden cameras work?
How do wireless cameras get power?
|Video Capture Resolution||1080p|
|Wireless Communication Technology||Wi-Fi|
How long do hidden cameras record?
To search specifically for cameras that may be planted in your home, use either an infrared scanner or IR and visible light emitters. You can also use a flashlight to locate the gleam of a camera lens reflecting light back.
How far can hidden cameras transmit?
Ads by Google