Do you hear others around you saying that they are not motivated? Do you feel frustrated when your colleagues feel lazy and put off finishing assignments that get your work stymied as well? Does a negative environment permeate your home and family members?
Here are some ways to delve into the causes and help others to stay motivated and positive:
- Understand the General Attitude
With most of us living in comfortable economic zones where our basic requirements are met, we often tend to become lazy and de-motivated to push ourselves to do better, even the usual and daily tasks:
- Most people procrastinate and allow things to slide till they need immediate attention; for instance, keeping off bill payments till late fees become applicable; not looking into one’s health until one falls sick.
- This is mainly due to lack of motivation to do things on time or better our usual and daily life routine; the adrenaline pump happens when there is something that needs immediate attention and hence, many people wait to be motivated in a negative way.
- It also indicates that one does not enjoy their daily lives, does not take interest in doing the small, daily chores or strive to better themselves or their environment.
- Help People Realize Activities that have Positive Effects
For those who seem to lack a general motivation to doing things or even looking after themselves, it is necessary that they feel positivity that comes from doing things right, seeing the effects and be motivated to being better.
- If your family members feel lazy about the house, get them involved in brightening up the home decor.
- Taking pride in small achievements such as your complementing your child for arranging his or her wardrobe would inspire them to do it again.
- Plan outings with your family that has positive effects; for instance a day out at the park with games to play and barbeques to enjoy.
Finding ways to make day to day living beautiful and infusing more energy in them helps bring in motivation to accomplish daily tasks with a sense of pride and ownership in all.
- Listen and Encourage
Often, those who feel de-motivated are usually so because they are scared of following their dreams. For instance, if your colleague at work wanted to do a home catering business, it could be a reason that he or she seems to be disinterested in his or her work. Listen and encourage them to follow their dreams. If they are not sure of the realistic way of going about it, encourage them to think out the steps to living their dream, what they need to invest in and whom they can tie up or collaborate with in order to make life their dream venture.
- Helping Someone Who is Depressed
In most cases, the self-help mechanism within us takes a hit when we are emotionally down, whether it is due to loss of work or employment or having lost someone or failure in a relationship. Hence, in such cases, motivating others would involve:
- Spending time with them – this is one of the main ways to provide comfort when another person is feeling low. You could listen and encourage but remember that the person will take his or her own time to find their feet back on the ground.
- Making their daily lives comfortable – if you are spending time with a relative or friend who has suffered a loss, motivating them would require you to help them through their daily activities; encourage them to get up and come for a walk with you; plan tea time together or plan a breakfast outing; spend some time in their house and help in getting daily chores done.
- Play music that they like and keep it on while doing house chores; this will enable them to see the pleasant effect it has and motivate them to do the same when they are doing things on their own.
- Plan a gym work out together or walks; help depressed people see the positive effects of physical activities.
- Stay in Touch
If you are helping someone to stay motivated on a certain career goal or path or simply getting out of a bad patch in their lives, it is important that you show them reliability. If you have provided them a shoulder to cry on, stay in touch and provide companionship whenever you can. Nowadays, the main ailment is alienation and being left alone to get on with your life. Hence, the key to motivating someone is to provide them with the right amount of support that would help them get back on their feet.
- Help to Create Supportive Social Groups
This is another way to motivate others to lead better lives. Help one to find groups or people who are like-minded, have gone through similar struggles in their lives and can be positive influences. Taking your depressed friend for social outings can help him or her to gain back confidence to interact socially with others as well as to form new friends.
The above points can go a long way to help motivate others; the key is to give them time and companionship or space, as and when they need it. It is also important to support their dreams and inspire them to achieve the same by doing the best they can.
How do you motivate someone who is unmotivated?
How do you motivate and influence others?
- Reject the notion that motivation is something you do to others.
- Give power don’t take it. Power enables control.
- Put more in if you want more out. Train, develop, and release.
- Tap their interests.
- Connect don’t disconnect.
How do you motivate others at work?
- 1 Be motivated and inspired yourself. You will never inspire others unless you are motivated and inspired yourself.
- 2 Treat each person as an individual.
- 3 Provide them with a challenge.
- 4 Keep them informed of progress.
- 5 Create a motivating environment.
- 6 Recognition.
What are the 4 types of motivation?
- Start With Yourself. Do a self-assessment.
- Create a Vision Worthy of Motivation.
- Build Emotional Engagement.
- Empower Others.
- Build Trust.
- Help Them See That the Goal is Attainable.
- Help “Get Things Done”
What are the 3 types of motivation?
How can I be self motivated?
- Extrinsic. Doing an activity to attain or avoid a separate outcome. Chances are, many of the things you do each day are extrinsically motivated.
- Intrinsic. An internal drive for success or sense of purpose.
- Family. Motivated by the desire to provide for your loved ones.
What is the greatest motivation in life?
- Simplify to focus your energy.
- Break down large goals into small steps.
- Manage your expectations.
- Surround yourself with supportive people.
- Ask for help — and offer it.
- Practice gratitude.
- Get enough rest.
- Celebrate achievements.
What is a good motivator?
What are the top 5 motivators?
What is the strongest motivator?
- Increasing Communication. The most important workplace motivator for employees is communication.
- Offering Challenging Work.
- Recognising Achievement.
- Boosting Team Spirit.
- Increasing Independence.
What is the best motivator to success?
How do you inspire success?
- Earning Enough to Live Comfortably. A key motivator for most people is being able to earn enough to live comfortably.
- Enjoyment and Passion. Another huge motivator for some is simply enjoyment and passion.
- Improvement to the Past.
- Provide for Others.
- Have Free Time.
How do you motivate someone to be successful?
- Believe in yourself. Always stay true to what makes you unique and trust your gut.
- Work hard. Pure and simple.
- Take risks. It’s O.K. to be afraid but you just have to plunge in anyway.
- Keep an open mind.
- Accept your limitations.
- Treat others with respect and kindness.
- Never stop dreaming.
How do you push and motivate yourself?
- Hang Around with Positive, Motivating People. You become the like the people you surround yourself with.
- Communicate in a Positive Way.
- Use Positive Affirmations to Motivate Yourself.
- Learn to Understand What Motivates You.
- Learn to Set and Reach Goals.
How do I stop being so lazy?
What are the main causes of laziness?
For example, a poor diet, too much alcohol and lack of good quality sleep can all leave you feeling tired and unmotivated. Make small changes to your lifestyle to try and improve how you feel. Stress can also lead to poor sleep, which in turn can make you feel tired and lacking motivation.
Ads by Google