With the rise of e-commerce, every business owner worth their salt should have a store with the crème de la crème of the online retailing like Amazon.
Here is the simple but detailed process;
- You can do this on your PC, Android or iPhone device. First sign up as an associate by clicking the Join Associate Page.
- After signing up as an associate, you will be taken to a page where you will be required to download the Amazon SDK. This will be from Associate-o-matic.
- You will be provided with files which you will unzip. This Associate-o-matic file once unzipped will give you access to your local hard drive.
- In the next step, you have the option of using the control panel provided by the web host or opening your FTP client software. You will first have to upload the encrypted PHP in binary mode such as shop.php. You should then let the software the mode to use for the server.
- Seek permission for all the provided files. You can do this by right clicking on the files that your FTP client provided. The permissions can be different depending on the different web hosts. Permissions generally take the form of shop.php [CHMOD 644].
- Since you have uploaded all of your files on to your server, you will be required to open the Associate-O-Matic Control panel. This involves replacing the domain name to a more personalized domain name for example http://www.yournamedomain.com/admin.php
- Once you have done this, you will have set up your Control Panel. You should be extra careful at this stage because you need it to enter the right information for your store. This is the point that you can also customize your site to suit your needs and business. At this point is where you can log in to your Control Panel so that you may input your own settings that you are comfortable. This is also the most overwhelming step but if you follow the steps you will set up a site that will reflect your brand.
- Once you are done, you will be a proud owner of an Amazon store. It will also act as your site where your clients can log in to and view your activities. The last step that remains is to log in to your new store with an address such as https://www.yourdomain.com/shop.php. This is the last step to make sure that all the customizations that you have put in your store truly reflects your brand and meets the requirements of the customers.