A guitar is a style statement for many of the young guys and gals. It contributed to the creation of many of the beautiful songs and compositions. A beautiful looking guitar is always admirable. It attracts the artist to play it for hours and create newer compositions as well.
How to Paint a Design on a Guitar?
Painting a guitar is not a very tough job to do. You can accomplish the job yourself at your home too. Painting a guitar gives it an attractive look. As a result of it, you get more and more attraction towards it. Not only this, but a beautiful guitar also draws the attention of the listeners as well. So if you want to attract your audiences, make your guitar attractive to them along with increasing your performance level.
To paint a guitar, you need a guitar, some sandpaper to rub it. Painters tape or paper, spray primer, acrylic paints, and crystal clear enamel spray. Now after you arrange for all these materials, follow the steps.
- Take off the strings of the guitar as you shouldn’t put any color on them. You can also remove the pick-guards too to keep the performance of the instrument intact.
- Now rub the guitar with sandpaper to remove the clear surface. Do this well so that the surface holds the primer better.
- Now put the painter’s tape to cover such things in it which you don’t want to paint. Now cover it with spray primer and leave for some time to dry in such an area where ample light passes through.
- After drying, you can use fine sandpaper to wipe out the excess primer from the surface. Now draw the designs you like on the guitar with any pencil or marker.
- Now take some acrylic color and mix it with water to paint your instrument as per your wish. Seal the color with enamel spray which is crystal clear to look through.
Guitar Painting Ideas
You can paint your guitar from your mind but if you want some real ideas to paint it, you can take the help of the internet. There you will get one after one greatest idea to paint your guitar to make it look professional.
Guitar Painting on Canvas
A guitar practically is not for the decoration of the room. But if you paint a guitar on your room walls, then you can get a fabulous look of your wall. Not only can this, but guitars in the canvas also be a symbolic art that can increase the charm of the room too. A guitar can symbolize the tune of happiness as well as grief if you can draw it on the canvas properly. You can get lots of pictures of the designer guitar on the internet. They will give you newer ideas too to draw new designs out of them.
What Kind of Paint do You Use on Guitar?
Since the whole body is responsible for the perfect sound of the guitar, any kind of wrong selection of paint can spoil the performance. The best quality paint you can use is nitrocellulose quality. Actually, there is another kind of paint too for the guitar to paint and decorate it. You can use both the nitrocellulose lacquer and acrylic lacquer to paint your guitar. They won’t harm the performance of your guitar anyway.
Can You Use Acrylic Paint on a Guitar?
Yes, acrylic paints are suitable for the guitars. Only two types of paints are applied to the guitars. One is the nitrocellulose lacquer and the other is the acrylic lacquer. So you can put acrylic paint on them without any worry.
Can You Paint a Guitar with Spray Paint?
Yes, you can. The only thing to do is to cover the arrears you don’t want to paint with painters tape or by some paper so that the paint doesn’t get in there.
Does Painting a Guitar Change the Sound?
If you don’t use a proper kind of paint then it may hamper the sound. The sides, the backs, and the top of a guitar are responsible for the generation of the vibration so the thicker the paint will be, the more the change of sound will happen.
- A painted guitar is a very attractive style statement now. People get attracted if the instrument looks professional.
- Nitrocellulose and acrylic lacquer is the best paint for the guitars to paint.
- Try to paint lighter paints otherwise, the sound of the guitar may change.