Sweet potatoes are the best alternatives of potatoes for the fitness freaks. It is full of fibers and vitamins. It doesn’t contain calories like potatoes and it is easy to cook. At the same time, it is also good for people who are suffering from diabetes.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes in Microwave?
Cooking sweet potatoes are easy and hassle-free. Cooking sweet potatoes in a microwave oven makes it easy to digest, healthy to eat, and delicious at the same time. So here are some easy hacks to prepare sweet potatoes in the microwave.
- Take a sweet potato and wash it well so that no soil is left on it. Now make some holes around it with a preparing knife or fork.
- Now take a wet towel and wrap it well. Again wrap the towel wrapped potato in a plastic wrap and twist both the ends of the plastic wrap.
- Now put the potato on the microwave plate and start the device. First, put it on medium heat for 6 minutes. After the end of the time, open it carefully as both the plate and the potato will be really hot. If it is too much firm, then put it again for 1 minute in the microwave till the time it isn’t cooked.
- Now bring it out of the microwave and let it cool so that you can enjoy a really tasty baked sweet potato.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes on the Stove?
If you want to cook a sweet potato on a stove, then you shouldn’t put any kind of damp towel or plastic wrap on it. By roasting a sweet potato, you increase the nutrient value of this vegetable. It is better to steam it rather than grill it or boil it. So take a steaming basket and put it inside. Now pour some water in the boiling bucket and let the water boil. Keep the pan on the heat for 20 to 30 minutes. In this way, the sweet potato will not get into any contact with water and the steam will cook it. By this process, the nutrients will be very much absorbable and the fibers in it will work well.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes Healthy?
To make a sweet potato healthy, you need to cook it in such a way that all the nutrients remain intact into it and the nutrients turn into digestible materials. So if you want to cook a sweet potato healthy, then you need to cook it in a microwave or steam it. Grilling a sweet potato indirect fire or boiling it in hot water can leach out the nutrients from it. So it is always better to cook the sweet potato in these two ways.
How to Make Sweet Potatoes at Home?
You can always have sweet potatoes for your meal even if you are at home. You just need to cook it well so that you can enjoy a well-cooked tender dish. A slow cooker and sweet potato are made for each other. Slow-simmering sweet potatoes are good to eat in soups, curries, and stews. Uses of some pinches of spices along with chilly flecks help them to increase their test. Another good recipe for the sweet potato is the cheesy sweet potato gratin. So while you are at home, enjoy delicious sweet potato recipes.
How to Cook Mashed Sweet Potatoes?
To make mashed sweet potatoes, you need to boil them first. Whether you will peel them up or not, it’s up to you. But the peels hold the nutrients. After boiling them for 20–30 minutes drain the water and mash them with your hand. Now add spices as you like for your desired test.
Do You Need to Peel Sweet Potatoes?
It depends on the cook or the people who will eat the food. But the peels hold the nutrients from leaching. So if you won’t peel them off, it will contain immense nutrients along with the texture and color.
How Long do You Boil Sweet Potatoes for?
To get tenderness in the sweet potatoes, you need to boil them for 25 to 20 minutes until they get tender to eat.
- Eat sweet potatoes instead of potatoes as they contain more nutrients and fiber.
- Steam or bake sweet potatoes for the healthiest recipes you want.
- Try to keep the peels along as they prevent the leaching of nutrients.
How should you prepare the sweet potato?
Is it better to boil or roast sweet potatoes?
What is the healthiest way to cook sweet potatoes?
Do I need to peel sweet potatoes?
When should you not eat sweet potatoes?
What are the side effects of eating sweet potatoes?
Is it OK to eat a sweet potato everyday?
What happens if you eat a sweet potato every day?
Are sweet potatoes bad for your liver?
Which fruit is best for liver?
What foods are hard on the liver?
- Alcohol. Alcohol is a major cause of fatty liver disease as well as other liver diseases.
- Added sugar. Stay away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, sodas, and fruit juices.
- Fried foods. These are high in fat and calories.
- White bread, rice, and pasta.
- Red meat.
Are sweet potatoes bad for a fatty liver?
What is the fastest way to cure a fatty liver?
Lifestyle and dietary changes are currently the most effective treatment options for NAFLD. Losing weight, being physically active, cutting back on sugar, eating a healthier diet, and drinking coffee are some of the ways that may help improve symptoms associated with NALFD.
What drink is good for fatty liver?
Can I eat eggs with fatty liver?
Which fruit is not good for liver?
Is Chicken Good for fatty liver?
Is cheese bad for fatty liver?
Ads by Google