eBay is a popular eCommerce site where you can sell and buy stuff across a wide variety. If you are unhappy with a purchase, you can also seek a refund.
Refund on eBay as a Seller
If you are a seller, and you intend to refund a buyer, you can do so easily using eBay’s support and features. Usually, the refund can be issued using the same payment method that was used to make the purchase.
- Go to your account, and ‘Sign-In’. Now, on the top of all eBay pages, you will get my eBay. You could also go straight to eBay, and then click on it, and thereafter ‘Sign-In’.
- Then, as a seller, you must click on sold which appears on the left-hand side of the page, under the sell’.
- Locate now the item that you wish to refund for, and then issue your refund to the buyer, from the drop-down, you can access to contact buyer.
- Then, complete your form, and click on the send button.
Refund on eBay with PayPal
Usually, it’s better to issue refunds using the same payment process used by the buyer for making the purchase, but PayPal is a no-hassle method to do so. In this case, you can issue a refund using electronic payment methods, like PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/.
- You have to ‘Log-In’ to your PayPal account for that, and then you must also be logged into eBay.
- On your ‘My Account Overview‘ page, find that you have items that you have made transactions for.
- In that list, find the item you wish to make a refund, and click on details. In some cases, you might not see it, and then click on all activity to enlarge the view.
- Finally, on the transactions page, click on refund payment, which means that the buyer will get back the money to their PayPal account.
- Once done, the refund is issued to the buyer back.
Refund on eBay App
When talking of refunds, you should like to read some of their FAQs, on the same topic. Here (https://www.ebay.ie/pages/help/pay/refund-buyer.html) eBay lists how exactly the refund process works?
- It turns out that using your mobile app of eBay to issue refunds is not that simple. You can read more on this topic here at their community discussion.
- Thus, you have to use the above method, and use the PayPal app instead, where you can refund the payment for the item from your transaction details.
- Using PayPal, you can issue a full or partial refund within 180 days of the payment and that is taken from the date of the transaction.
- eBay allows making refunds easy for most payment methods, including electronic ones.
PayPal is the best way to issue refunds, even using the mobile app.
How do I refund a buyer on eBay app?
Do I have to give a refund on eBay?
How do I get a refund from eBay without returning?
How do I dispute a refund on eBay?
- Go to your Seller Dashboard – opens in new window or tab.
- Expand Closed without seller resolution to see your options.
- Select See cases and find the item in the list.
- Select See details and then send us an appeal.
How do I speak to eBay customer service?
How do I contact eBay about a refund?
What is not covered by eBay money back guarantee?
Will eBay give me a refund if I get scammed?
Ads by Google