Duplicate songs sometimes happen in iTunes, and it can be very annoying. There is a very easy way to get read of these doubles with just a few basic steps. This article will lay out the information you need to get rid of all duplicate songs as quickly as possible.
- Open up iTunes
The first thing you must do is open up iTunes and go to File>My Library>Show Duplicates.
- Sell viewing option
Select the “All” viewing option to see all of your duplicate tracks. You can also choose “Same Album” to see all of the duplicate songs from a certain album.
- Arrange the Columns
Make sure that you arrange the iTunes music columns in such a way to where you can view the name, artist and album by artist. Simply hold down Ctrl and select the columns you want. You should also tick the boxes next to the album and artist. Click on the name column so that the duplicate files appear next to each other.
- Remove the Duplicates
Now that you can only see the duplicate tracks, you will be able to go through and remove all of the ones that you don’t want. All you have to do is highlight the tracks you want to get rid of and press the Delete key on your keyboard. You can also choose to go Edit and Delete then Move to Trash. If you select the Keep File option, the duplicate track will be taken off iTunes but stay on your computer’s hard drive. This won’t give you any more space on your computer.
- If you want to make sure that iTunes manages your music properly, there are a few steps you can take. First go into iTunes and then Preferences. Select the “Advanced” option. Make sure that the Keep iTunes Media folder organized box is checked. You also need to tick off the Copy Files to iTunes Media Folder box. Click Reset on all of the warnings that appear in dialog boxes. Finally, click OK. You have now set up iTunes to organize your music efficiently.
You can display only exact song duplicated in iTunes by holding down the Alt-Option key on your Mac and clicking on View. While holding the Alt-Option button, you will see that the duplicates option has turned to Show Exact Duplicate Items. Click on this option while holding down on the Alt-option button.
How do I mass delete duplicates in iTunes?
How do I delete duplicates in my music library?
How do I get rid of duplicate songs in Apple music?
Why do I have duplicate songs in my iTunes library?
Why do I have duplicate songs in my Apple music?
How do I get rid of duplicate songs on my iPhone 12?
How do I delete duplicate songs on my iPhone 12?
How do I remove duplicate files on my Mac?
Why are there so many duplicate files on my Mac?
How do I delete duplicate files on my Mac for free?
How do you remove duplicate files?
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Clean .
- On the “Duplicate files” card, tap Select files.
- Select the files you want to delete.
- At the bottom, tap Delete .
- On the confirmation dialog, tap Delete .
How do I delete duplicate photos on my computer?
Ads by Google