Everyone would like to have the wallpaper in their living room, hall, study room and most of the places in their home to enhance the appearance of the home into some heights. Getting the wallpaper or pasting the wallpaper is not a big deal, but removing the wallpaper is a challenging task.
We are going to discuss some steps to remove the stubborn wallpaper.
Setting up the Room
Of course, you have the responsibility to protect your room ahead removing the wallpaper. That is, you need to look into your floor, electrical fittings, furniture, decors, and other useful items.
- First of all, you need to lay a cloth or plastic sheet or old blanket to protect your floors. No matter, what kind of floor you have, but you need to protect it for sure.
- Next is that you have to look into the furniture of the room. You may have many or fewer furniture in the room. In order to protect the furniture from getting damaged, you need to shift the furniture to another room. If the furniture is tough to shift, then at least, you should move the furniture to the center of the room. Or else, you can reckon to cover the furniture with plastic sheets or cloth.
- If your wallpaper is attached to the room’s outlet cover, then you need to unscrew or remove the outlet cover of the room. It is more than important to turn off the electricity in the room. If you need additional lamps for removing the wallpaper, then you can buy battery operated lamps or bulbs.
- Last is that you need to find out what kind of wall you are dealing with. To find the kind of the wall, you can knock the wall and listen to the sound the wall makes. If you could hear the empty and hollow sound, then it is a sign of drywall and the drywall will easily be damaged. If could hear a dull sound, then it is a sign of plaster wall and this wall will be long-lasting. So, you need to be very careful when dealing with the drywall.
Remove Peelable Top Layer of the Wallpaper
You can find scoring tools in the nearby store, which you can buy to remove the wallpaper. You can put holes with the use of scoring tools. It is better to put holes on the wallpaper to make it easy to peel off.
- You need to create a removing solution to remove the wallpaper. Add water and vinegar in a tub or container to create a removing solution. Water should be added more than the vinegar. You need to heat the solution for 20 minutes.
- Use the spray bottle to spray the removing solution on the wall. You can either soak the entire wall or sections of the wall.
- Let the solution stay on the wall for at least half an hour. Use the knife to scrape off the wallpaper.
- Remove the glue behind the wallpaper.
Remove Traditional Wallpaper
You need to buy a wallpaper steamer to steam the areas of the wall, which helps you to remove the wallpaper.
- Once after steaming is done, you need to use the knife to scrape off the wallpaper.
- Continue the process until you remove the entire wallpaper.
- Use the wallpaper stripper to remove the leftover glue.
You need to be very careful when using wallpaper steamer. Even though steamer is safe to use, but it will at times break or leak.
What is the best way to remove stubborn wallpaper?
What do you do if your wallpaper won’t come off?
What is the easiest way to remove old wallpaper?
What is the best homemade wallpaper remover?
- Solution #1: 1/4 fabric softener to 3/4 hot water.
- Solution #2: 1/3 household vinegar to 2/3 hot water.
Does fabric softener and vinegar remove wallpaper?
Ads by Google