Super glue is excellent at sticking objects together and it can even bond your fingers. However, if it gets into a surface by mistake, removing it can be quite a challenge. If you have had superglue on your glass, there is no need to worry. Here are two ways that you can use to remove superglue from your glass.
METHOD 1. Use Acetone
- You can use acetone of easily remove the glue. Acetone is miscible with water and that is why it is popularly used in laboratories.
- To remove the superglue from the glass, you need to take a dab of the acetone and rub it into the glass surface with superglue.
- It will remove the superglue without destroying your glass surface. You can easily find acetone since there are some household agents made of acetone.
- You just have to confirm if the cleaning fluid in your home has acetone. If not, then you can just buy it from a store near you.
METHOD 2. Using a sharp razor blade
- A razor blade will come in handy to remove superglue in glass. Make sure that you start at the edge and work your way towards the centre. Scrap slowly so that you do not damage the glass.
- In case it is too stuck, you can use some acetone to soften it. Once you have removed the superglue, make sure you dispose it properly so that it is away from children’s reach.
Be careful when using the razor blade because it can easily cut your fingers.