Wallpaper is something that can spice up any space of your wall. However, we cannot say that the wallpaper will be as it is all the time. After some days, the wallpaper may be damaged or peeled. Fixing the wallpaper is not that tough as you think.
The forthcoming points will keep you informed about repairing the wallpaper.
- Evaluate the Situation
If the wallpaper is damaged, it looks sloppy rather than stylish and stunning. This is where you need to reckon to fix the wallpaper.
- Poor application of adhesive would be the cause of peeling.
- The edges and seams of the wallpaper could be the reasons for damages in most of the case. It is you that has to go through the whole room or a portion of a wall to address from where the wallpaper is coming off the wall.
- We cannot say that always your wallpaper will be bubbled at its edges. At times, the application of adhesive will be failed at the middle portion, and for that reason, your wallpaper would be bubbled at the middle portion.
- Fixing the bubbles at the edges is easy while comparing to fixing the bubbles at the middle. But still, bubbles at the middle portion can be repaired.
- Remove the Back Edges and Glue
If you could find any loosened edges on your wallpaper, then you need to begin pulling the wallpaper away from your wall.
- You have to continue pulling the wallpaper until you reach your destination point. In this case, your destination point would be where the peeling of the wallpaper ends.
- Yes, not the entire wallpaper will be peeled. Instead, the wallpaper can be peeled to some point and the rest of the wallpaper is still safely attached on the wall.
- Once pulling the wallpaper is done, then you need to take a paintbrush and apply a pencil-thin layer of fixing glue to the area of the wallpaper which you have pulled away from the wall just now. That is, you need to apply the fixing glue to the back end of the peeled wallpaper.
- Do not think that, applying too much glue will stick your wallpaper for a long time, it is not like that. Applying too much glue will result in the formation of air bubbles, so you need to apply a thin layer of glue.
- Once you have finished applying the glue, you need to gently press the loose piece of the wallpaper towards the wall and wipe away if you find any extra amount of fixing glue.
- Reinforce the Seal
So far, you have attached the wallpaper with the repair glue. Now, you need to firmly smooth the wallpaper by the use of the damp sponge.
- You just now have stuck the wallpaper on the wall – right? If you want that to be properly attached on the wall, you need to run steam roller on the newly attached wallpaper in the up and down fashion to get rid of the air bubbles on the wallpaper.
- Yes, if the glue is not properly stuck, then your wallpaper will seem to produce air bubbles. This is why you are asked to tighten the glue with the damp sponge.
- Now, you need to place the painter’s tape on the sides of the wallpaper. You should leave your wallpaper for a day to dry.
- Once after a day, you can remove the tape. If still the glue is not stuck properly, you need to repeat the gluing process again.
- Add Glue to Smoothen Air Bubbles
If you find a lot of air bubbles on your wallpaper, then you need to deem clearing it on the whole and fixing new pieces instead. But, if you address just a bubble or two on your wallpaper, then you can consider flattening it with the assistance of the glue.
- Run your hands on the wallpaper, so that, you could find whether your wallpaper contains air bubbles or contains any dust or debris under it.
- If it is air, you can use wallpaper glue syringe to inject some glue into it and smooth it down as usual you do.
- If it is dust under the wallpaper, it has to be removed by cutting the area of debris in an “X” pattern.
- Once the debris is removed, then you need to peel the back edges gently and apply new glue with a paintbrush.
- Now, again you have to smooth it by running your hand in an up and down fashion. If there is extra adhesive, clear it with the damp sponge.
Once before repairing the wallpaper, you need to be ready with the tools such as a knife, repairing glue, roller and more. Only then, you can finish your repairing process in minutes.