With the introduction of Google Chromecast, the device to the TV scenario was transformed by Google. However, there might occur certain instances when you need to reset Chromecast. The process is not very difficult to achieve and is a necessity if you wish to revert to factory settings.
- What You Need to Know?
Chromecast, whether it is of the first or second generation, is usually linked to Google Home app which helps to set up the device initially. Whether you are using an Android or IOS device, the reset or reboot process is the same.
- Setup for Reboot
There are certain steps you need to take to reset or reboot your Google Chromecast.
- Ensure that Chromecast is connected to a network and is on.
- You could have it plugged to a TV or have it plugged to an AC adapter; in case you have powered it through a USB port on the TV, you need to put on the TV.
- Activate Google Home app on the tablet or phone.
- Tap on the button called Devices which is in an upper right-hand corner.
- You might have different Google devices paired; in that case, scroll down and find Chromecast from the list of devices.
- You will find a three-dot menu on the top right-hand corner of Chromecast card which is commonly called the backdrop.
- If you wish to reboot Chromecast, you need to tap on Reboot option which would do the needful.
- Setup for Restoring Factory Settings
In case you wish to reset the factory settings on Chromecast, the initial preparations needed are the same; when Chromecast is accessed through Google Home app.
- Find the Settings menu on the top right-hand corner of Chromecast backdrop.
- Here you will find the option called Factory Reset.
- A popup will come up to verify the command you wish to execute.
- If you are sure of the action simply tap on OK.
- Factory Reset from the Device
This is also an option that users can explore.
- There is a physical button placed on the Chromecast device.
- Simply hold down on the button for eight seconds approximately.
- The indicator light blinks at first slowly and then goes faster; when the light becomes constant you can let go of the button; it would indicate that reboot and resetting has been done.
The above steps will help one to reset or reboot Google Chromecast through the app or directly.