Restore iCloud Backups to the Current iPhone
- Check the last time your iPhone was backed up. Before you can jump to the process of resetting your iPhone. Follow the steps below to see when last your iPhone backed up its data.
- From your iPhone’s home screen, find the “Settings” application icon and tap on it.
- After doing that, tap on your name.
- Next, tap on the “iCloud”
- Select “Manage Storage”
- Lastly, tap on the “Backups”
After making sure that you have the most recent backups, proceed to reset your iPhone and restore iCloud backup.
- Go back to the “Settings” application again and tap on the “General” option.
- Next, tap on the “Reset” to find more options.
- Scroll through the setup pages to find the “Apps & Data” screen option.
- Having done that, go ahead and tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup.”
- Log in to your iCloud account when prompted to restore your apps as well as the subscription. If you purchased some of the iTunes apps or Apps Store contents separately, then you will be prompted to sign in multiple times to restore all the apps. If you don’t remember the password, you needn’t worry as you can do it later. However, you cannot use the apps before signing in for each.
- After that, go to “Choose backup” and then browse through the list to select the backup that you want from the list. When you’re choosing a backup, consider the date of backup and file size to pick the most appropriate one. After selecting the backup that you need, a progress bar will appear on your screen.
Note: The time taken to complete the process of restoring your iPhone will depend on the internet speed that your phone is connected to, as well as the size of the backup. It may take from minutes to hours. Therefore, if you have a relatively large backup, consider restoring it overnight to avoid any possible inconvenience that could have instead encountered during busy hours.
Tip: Ensure your iPhone is connected to a high-speed Wi-Fi and also has enough battery charge to sustain the process to completion to avoid any inconvenience.
Restore iCloud Backup to New iPhone
- Ensure your iPhone is connected to reliable internet and plugged into a power source to prevent unexpected shutdowns when you need it the most due to a low battery charge. You can grab a drink as the process will take a couple of minutes to hours.
- Go through the setup pages until you find the “App & Data” screen.
- After that, tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup”
- Log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID when prompted to do so.
- When the list of backups appears, tap on the most recent backup. It’s the one with 1SE inside. The progress bar will display an estimated time that it would take to complete the backup restore process. All you should do is to relax and wait.
Restore iCloud Backup on iPhone or iPad Using iTunes
Restore iCloud Backup Using iTunes on macOS Mojave and Earlier Versions
- Connect the iPhone or iPad that you want to restore to your Mac computer.
- After doing that, it’s time to open iTunes on your computer.
- Locate your device icon in the top-left corner of the iTunes window and click on it.
- From the left pane menu, click on the device summary.
- Ensure the menu has a checkmark for automatic backing up to “This computer”
- After that, click on the “Restore Backup” option. Doing this prompt the options to appear. From the options, select your device and then click on the “Restore”
- Use your Apple ID and password to sign in when prompted and click on the “OK” button to permit your iPhone backups. Doing that will prompt the process of restoring the backup.
Restore iPhone or iPad using iTunes On MacOS Catalina
- Ensure that the “Find My Feature” is set off in your iPad or iPhone before you proceed to the next steps.
- Having done that, Connect your iPhone to your computer mac computer using a USB cable.
- When through with the first step, open “Finder” on your Mac.
- Look for your device name from the sidebar and click on it.
- After that, click on either “Restore iPad” or “Restore iPhone” depending on the device you’re using.
- After that, you can click on the “Backup” if at all you want to make a backup and click on the “Don’t back up” if you do not wish to backup.
- Finally, click on the “Restore” button to restore all the recent backups to your iPhone or iPad. Doing that will delete all the data on your iPhone or iPad connected to your mac computer and reset it back to the factory settings.
Note: The above two methods restore your iPhone’s or iPad’s contacts, notes, text messages, calendars, and settings. However, you cannot restore the firmware.
How do I retrieve my backup from iCloud?
Can I restore my iPhone from iCloud after setting it up as a new phone?
How do I restore from backup?
Add a backup account
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap System. Backup.
- Tap Backup account. Add account.
- If needed, enter your phone’s PIN, pattern, or password.
- Sign in to the account that you want to add.
How far back can you restore your iPhone?
Can I access old iCloud backups?
How do I restore pictures from iCloud?
Where have my iCloud photos gone?
Can I recover permanently deleted photos from my iPhone without backup?
How can I recover permanently deleted photos from my iPhone after 30 days?
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open iTunes.
- Select your iPhone.
- Click on the Restore Backup button.
- Select your backup and wait for the process to finish.