If you had encountered an accidental data loss on your Samsung Galaxy, there are a few things you can do to get the deleted files back. If you had enabled Samsung’s backup service, then you can easily restore all your lost information. But if you had never activated any kind of backup option, you need to take the assistance of a third-party app.
- Install Android SMS Recovery
If you haven’t enabled the backup service on your Samsung device, you would need to get a text recovery application to recover the lost data. Android SMS Recovery is one such application that has been designed for restoring deleted texts on Android devices.
- Download the application from a reliable online site that has a secured web address and offers complete details about the working of the application.
- You need to download and install the free version of the application on your computer. Note that, once the trial period expires you would need to make payment for using the app.
- Connect Your PC to Your Samsung Galaxy
Once you install the Android SMS Recovery on your PC, you need to connect your Samsung Galaxy with your PC. You can use a USB cable for establishing the connection.
- When you launch the Android SMS Recovery software, you will be getting instructions to connect your Android device via USB.
- Once you connect the device, the application will provide you with further instructions on the next step.
- Enable USB Debugging
In order to undelete the text messages on your Samsung Galaxy, you need to turn on the option of USB Debugging. The process involves a few steps.
- Open the Settings on your Samsung Galaxy device and select the option “About”. Now locate the option “Build Number” and tap over the option for 7 times.
- Next, you need to navigate back to the Settings and select the option “Developer Options”.
- Inside “Developer Options” look for the option USB Debugging. You will find a toggle button next to this option. You need to turn it on for enabling USB Debugging on your Samsung device. After that select the option OK on your computer screen to proceed further.
- Choose the File Types You Wish to Recover
After enabling the USB Debugging, the Android SMS Recovery app would prompt you to provide further inputs regarding the type of files you intend to recover. You can choose to retrieve various types of files based on your requirement.
- In the app window that appears on your computer screen, you will be able to find several options like contacts, messages, call logs, videos, audio, etc. There will be a small blank checkbox against each option.
- For retrieving only text messages, you need to select the options “Messages” and “Message Attachments”. This would recover all the deleted texts and the attachments thereof. After making relevant selections click on the button “Next”.
- Enable the “Super Users” Request
Once you select the category of files you need to recover, the SMS recovery app would prompt the user to enable the “Super users” request on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- A “Super users” request is made whenever a third-party app requires permission from the user to access the integral areas of the device memory.
- You would be getting a pop-up regarding this and you should provide your input granting permission for the request.
- If you do not get any kind of message or pop-up on your Samsung screen, you should click on the option “Retry” displayed in the window on your computer screen.
- Preview the Deleted Texts
Once the “Super users” request is granted, the SMS recovery app would proceed with the recovery process. The app recovers all the recently deleted messages and displays them on your computer screen.
- You will be able to preview a list of texts arranged on the basis of their dates. You can also see the name of the senders and receivers.
- Against each text message, there will be a checkbox for you to select. You can either click on the main checkbox on the top panel in order to select all the messages in the list. Further, you can uncheck the messages that you wish to omit.
- After making a complete selection click on the option “Recover”. This would begin the recovery process.
- Recover the Deleted Texts
Once you activate the recovery process, the software begins to retrieve and save all the deleted texts to your Samsung Galaxy device.
- The process can take several minutes depending on the size of the text messages being recovered.
- Once the recovery process gets completed you will get a notification regarding the same.
- To confirm the recovery process you can open the concerned folders and check if the messages are restored back to their original locations. You can repeat the process if there are more files to be retrieved.
- For information regarding debugging your Samsung Galaxy device, you can refer to the official site of Samsung. The site provides detailed information on making changes to various vital settings.
You can retrieve only recently deleted texts. This is because the memory of the deleted files gets permanently removed when it is overwritten with new information. In other words, if your data gets deleted, you should try to recover it before adding any new data to your device.
Can I recover deleted text messages android?
How can I retrieve deleted text messages from my Samsung without a computer?
- Step 1: Launch GT Recovery app on your Android phone. Download and run the app on your phone.
- Proceed to scan for the deleted text messages.
- Step 3: Select and recover the deleted SMS.
- Step 4: Check the recovered text messages on your Android device.
How do I get deleted text messages back?
- Open Google Drive.
- Go to the Menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Google Backup.
- If your device has been backed up, you should see the name of your device listed.
- Select the name of your device. You should see SMS Text Messages with a timestamp indicating when the last backup took place.
Are deleted text messages really deleted?
Are deleted text messages stored anywhere?
Where do deleted messages go?
Can I recover deleted text messages android free?
How do I find deleted items on my Samsung?
Is there an app to retrieve deleted text messages?
How can I retrieve deleted text messages from my Android without an app?
- Download and launch FoneDog and Connect to PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode.
- Select Files of Messages to Recover and Scan on Android.
- Preview and Recover Messages to Android.
How can I retrieve deleted text messages without an app?
- Using dr. Fone.
- Using SMS Backup & Restore. You don’t need to panic when you lose your messages.
- Using X-Plore File Manager. The second method you can do is by using the X-Plore File Manager.
- Using GT SMS Recovery.
- Using Undeleter Recover Files & Data.
Does Google backup text messages?
How far back can text messages be retrieved?
Can police retrieve deleted messages?
Can deleted texts be subpoenaed?
Are deleted text messages stored on SIM card?
Ads by Google