Adobe InDesign is something you can regularly use to design different things for your work. You can even use it to design things for college projects. However, you will have to convert those files into PDF while sharing them. Not everyone can open your files if they aren’t PDFs.
How to Save InDesign as a PDF Booklet?
Only people having InDesign can open InDesign files. You need to share the file with people who may not have it as well. Hence, you need to convert the files into PDF before sharing.
- First, click on ‘File’ on the top right corner and then click on the option named ‘Export’. Now you need to choose the location where you want to store the file and the file name.
- Then from the dropdown below the file name, choose the ‘.PDF’ format. This will save your file as a PDF and you can now open it with any PDF reader.
InDesign PDF Export Setting for Print
For printing your InDesign file, the procedure is different. You can either save it as a PDF and then print of opting for printing it directly.
- You need to click on the file on the top right corner and then click on ‘Print Booklet’. Then, you choose if you want to print all the pages and in which layout you want to print in.
- Now, you need to choose the booklet type based on your own preference. After this, you can fine-tune the printing under the ‘Print Settings’.
- After you are satisfied, click on ‘Ok’ and then on ‘Print’.
InDesign Export PDF for Web
You may want to upload your InDesign file somewhere on the web but you need to do it as a PDF. So, first, you need to convert the file into a PDF and then you can release it on the web.
- First, you go and click on ‘File’ on the top right corner. Then you have to click on the option titled ‘Export’.
- Then you can give whatever name you want to the file and in the file format, choose PDF.
- After this, you click on save preset and the file will now be saved as a PDF.
How to Save InDesign as PDF on Mac?
If you are using InDesign on a Mac, then the procedure is not different just the layout changes a bit. You can easily save your InDesign files as PDFs on a Mac using the following steps.
- You need to click on ‘File’ on the top right of the InDesign page. Then, from the ‘Drop-Down’ menu that appears, click on the option titled ‘Export’.
- You should choose ‘Adobe PDF’ as a format and change the name of the file according to your will. Then all you have to do is click on ‘Save’ and your file is saved in PDF.
InDesign Exporting PDF as an Illustrator
There is a small bug that you face while storing InDesign files as PDF. After exporting and saving InDesign files as PDF, your computer might read it as an illustrator file. This means that your computer will try to open the file using an illustrator and not a PDF reader.
- In such a case, you need to right-click on the file that is opening on illustrator. Then you need to click on ‘Open With’ and select any PDF reader to open the file.
- You can also set the default opening app as a PDF reader for such files after this.
- If you plan to share your InDesign file with someone, always convert to a PDF first.
- You need to know that anyone can open PDFs but to open InDesign files the InDesign app is needed.
- The people you share your file with may not have InDesign but they will have a PDF reader.
Why can’t I save my InDesign file as a PDF?
How do I save an InDesign page as a PDF separately?
- Choose File>Export and choose either the Adobe PDF Print or Interactive format.
- In the Export Adobe PDF dialog, select the option Create Separate PDF Files.
- Use the Suffix field to define what information gets added to the end of the exported PDF filename.
How do I extract a single page from a PDF?
How do I save two pages of a PDF?
Can I save part of a PDF file?
How do I open a PDF side by side?
Why can’t I open 2 PDF files at the same time?
How can I combine PDF files into one for free?
- Drag and drop your PDFs into the PDF combiner.
- Rearrange individual pages or entire files in the desired order.
- Add more files, rotate or delete files, if needed.
- Click ‘Merge PDF!’ to combine and download your PDF.
Do I really need Adobe Acrobat?
Can I get Adobe PDF for free?
Is Zlibrary safe?
Is book and PDF safe?
Is there an app to download books for free?
When we are talking of free eBook apps, there is no way we can miss out mentioning Kindle. It is by far one of the most popular book reading apps. You can signup & download it here. and read a lot of free books that span nearly all categories from romance to fiction, non-fiction, historical and more.
What is the best app to download free books?
Free Reading Apps
- FB Reader.
- Oodles eBook Reader.
- Prolific Works.