The Surface Pro 4 is the 4th installment in the series of Surface Pro laptops from Microsoft. This 2-in-1 detachable was released in October of 2015.
Take a Screenshot on Surface Pro 4 Keyboard
For those who are using it as a laptop, not in tablet mode, you can use the keyboard shortcuts right away. It is easy and convenient to use too.
- Here is a link from Windows blogs for surface devices.
- Method 2 and 3 from under Surface 3 and Surface 3 Pro are useful whenever you are using a keyboard which has the type cover with the ‘PrtScn’ key.
- You either hold down the ‘Windows’ button and the ‘PrtScn’ key to take a screenshot, or just press the ‘PrtScn’ button by itself.
- In the first case, the screenshot will be saved inside ‘Screenshots’ folder in the ‘This PC’ location, but in the latter case, it will be saved to ‘Screenshots’ folder in OneDrive.
Screenshot on Surface Pro without Keyboard
But, if you do not have a keyboard, then you have used this method. Here is a quick look at Windows Blog that explains how you can take screenshots with any of the Surface devices.
- Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 are different from Surface 4 and Surface Pro 4. For the Surface Pro 4 and the Surface Book, all the above methods in the link work just fine.
- Since the ‘Windows Home’ button doesn’t appear in these models, so you have to use the combination of ‘Power’ button and ‘Volume Down’ button.
- These will be saved offline inside ‘This PC’ and in the ‘Screenshots’ folder.
Screenshot on Surface Pro 4 Tablet Mode
The tablet mode of Surface 4 gives you 2 to 3 new ways of taking a screenshot if you can understand them. They depend on accessories like using the ‘Surface Pen’, for example.
- First, is the simple one. If you are using the ‘Surface Pen’, which you are using if using it in tablet mode, you can customize your buttons on the pen.
- By default, double-clicking the eraser button on the top of your ‘Surface Pen’ takes a screenshot that you can immediately edit like crop and stuff, and then save it.
- By default, all screenshots are saved to your ‘Screenshots’ folder inside the ‘Pictures’ folder of your ‘C Drive’ or ‘OneDrive’ – https://office.live.com/start/OneDrive.aspx, as you can say.
- The method using the keyboard is the simplest, but if you want to use the tablet mode, you have to use the buttons.
For using ‘Surface Pen’, the method is even easier and more convenient.
Ads by Google