How to Sell on eBay with PayPal
Today the two online portals, eBay as a commercial platform and PayPal as a payment service, have enabled thousands of users to transact with security and ease in the online world. If you are looking to sell any kind of good through a reliable eCommerce store, eBay is one of the premier and reliable brands to opt for. PayPal, on the other hand, provides a safe and convenient solution to pay or receive payments or funds from others through online transactions.
If you wish to sell things on eBay and receive payment for the same on PayPal, here are the steps to follow to get started.
- Open a PayPal Account
If you do not have an account on PayPal, you need to open one.
- Those who have personal accounts and wish to upgrade to a business account, the same is also possible.
- There are certain advantages in using a business account; it would integrate easily with eBay or any eCommerce portal from where you wish to receive payments from.
- It would also provide certain advantages to payers such as allowing them to use a credit card to make transactions in a secure manner through their gateway.
- Create Seller Account on eBay
When you wish to sell goods through the eCommerce portal of eBay ensure that you know how the auction model of selling works. You could either sell through straightforward listing or put up items for bidding. No matter how you sell your goods, you need to specify your PayPal business account details before you set up the seller account and get started on selling.
There are several benefits of setting up shop and selling through eBay.
- You could set up your own virtual store; design your catalog listings and layout.
- At the same time avail of the trust and guarantee that eBay invokes as a brand.
- It also provides personalized web addresses to sellers and.
- Store tools can be accessed to manage and personalize setup, transactions, interactive forums and other features that online stores provide to customers.
- Include PayPal in Your Payment Options
Once you have entered PayPal payment details in your eBay seller account, you are ready to receive payments here for items that you put up for sale or bid. There are several advantages that PayPal provides to eBay sellers so that they can receive payments seamlessly from bidders or return the same.
- If you have included PayPal as one of the several payment methods you accept, bidders have the option to use PayPal as a way of bidding or pay the final price.
- When you have a business account with PayPal, buyers or bidders have the convenience of using a credit card to make payments for your product.
- Withdrawing Funds from Your PayPal Business Account
If you are using a PayPal business account linked with your seller account on eBay, there are different ways you can withdraw or use the funds you receive from auction or sale proceeds.
- Auction payments get deposited into PayPal account you specify.
- You can put instructions for the money to be transferred directly to a checking account you register on the site.
- You can ask for checks to be sent in which case PayPal charges about $1.50 per check.
- The money could be kept in the account for making other payments but this is subject to terms applicable in your country.
- PayPal debit card is another option offered with business accounts. With such a card users can withdraw funds from ATM; it also entitles a business owner to PayPal Preferred Rewards which provides 1 percent return on purchases.
- Avail of PayPal Seller Protection Policy
When you sign up for a business account on PayPal and are selling goods on eBay, it makes sense to sign up for PayPal Seller Protection Policy. For instance, in case the cards used by buyers are not genuine or authenticated, one could face fraud purchases and payments that do not get processed. This is prevented by signing up for the seller protection policy.
- In order to be eligible for the same, a seller needs to sign up for a business or premier account on PayPal.
- Once your address and checking account details are verified, PayPal will ensure that buyers with confirmed credit card details get their purchases shipped.
- Proof of shipping and tracking of the same are also enabled by PayPal under this policy.
- Certain fees are also waived off under this policy.
- Know Fee Terms
When you are receiving payment for goods you ship you would be paying seller fees. These are adjusted as per monthly transaction volume. These details can be looked up under terms and conditions.
With the above features and benefits of eBay and PayPal, it is obvious the advantages that sellers get by combining the two services.