Having a Google Voice account is extremely convenient. Access your phone calls, texts and messages from anywhere as long as you have Wi-Fi or mobile data. You can also link several phone lines to your Google Voice account. Using Google Voice within the United States and Canada is completely free. With so many advantages, you’ll want to sign up for Google Voice right away. Follow these simple steps to learn how to set up your Google Voice number:
How to Set Up a Google Voice Number on a Computer
- In your web browser, go to Google Voice.
- Sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, you will need to create one. Creating a Google Account gains you access to many useful apps and services, so it is beneficial.
- Once you have signed into your Google Account, review the terms of service for Google Voice and select “continue”
- Enter your city or area code to view available numbers in your area. If there are no available numbers, select a nearby city or area code.
- Next to the number that you would like to take, click “select” and follow the short, simple on screen instructions. You now have a Google Voice number and can begin using the Google Voice service from any computer or smart device.
How to Set Up a Google Voice Number on an Apple Device
- Download the Google Voice app if you haven’t already done so. Once you have downloaded the app on your iPhone, iPad or other Apple device, open it. The icon is a white phone inside of a green speech bubble.
- Sign in to your Google Account within the app and review the terms of service for Google Voice. Once you’ve read them, tap the button that says “accept”.
- To choose your Google Voice number, tap the “search” button and search by city or area code for an available number. If there are no available numbers in your city or area code, select a nearby city or area code and search again. Note: you cannot get a 1-800 number using Google Voice.
- Once you have found the number that you would like, tap the “select” button and follow the step by step instructions to complete your Google Voice set up.
How to Set Up a Google Voice Number on an Android Device
- Open the Google Voice app on your Android device. If you haven’t downloaded it yet, go to the Google Play store and install the app. The icon appears as a green speech bubble with a white telephone inside of it.
- Sign in to your Google Account, then review the terms of service for Google Voice. Once you have read them, tap on the “accept” button.
- Tap the “search” button to choose a Google Voice number.
- You can search by city or area code for available numbers. 1-800 numbers are not available with Google Voice. If there are no available numbers in your city or area code, enter a neighboring city or try a nearby area code.
Find the number that you would like to use, and then tap “select”. You will need to follow a few simple on-screen instructions, and then you will be all set to begin using Google Voice.
Are Google Voice numbers free?
How does a Google phone number work?
Is Google Voice used for cheating?
What is the point of Google Voice?
Does Google Voice still exist 2020?
Is Google Voice going away 2020?
Can someone track your Google Voice number?
Google does not publicly list your Google Voice number. Since the phone number is registered to an online account, and not a traditional land line account, your Google Voice number does not appear in phone books or on online websites that list phone numbers.
How can you tell if someone is using Google Voice?
Why would someone have a Google phone number?
Google Voice gives you a special number that allows you to forward your calls to other numbers. Once you set this up and give everyone your Google Voice number, you’ll be able to more easily switch phones in the future.
What happens when you call a Google Voice number?
Does Google Voice cost money 2020?
Why is Google Voice not giving me a number?
What is wrong with Google Voice?
How do I activate Google Voice?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google app .
- At the bottom right, tap More Settings. Voice.
- Under “Hey Google,” tap Voice Match.
- Turn on Hey Google.