Yahoo is one of the best email platforms besides Google. It offers a wide range of features to its users. So, if you want to set up a Yahoo Email Account, you can do this either using a web browser or your mobile device – i.e. Android or iOS. Let us tell you about both. Read on!
How to set up a Yahoo Email Account using a Web Browser?
- First, you need to open Yahoo in the web browser. For this, you need to type “yahoo.com” in the web browser. This will take you to the main page of Yahoo. Here, you need to click “Sign in.” You can see this button on the top side of the page. Usually, the button is in the top-right corner.
- Once you have clicked this button, you will enter another page. Now, if you have an existing yahoo email account, you can sign in. Otherwise, you need to click “Sign up.” Now, it is time to enter the details for your account.
- Yahoo requires you to enter information like “your first name, last name, email ID or address, password, and phone number.” You will also need to enter your date of birth and mention your gender. However, gender is optional. This means you can leave it as is.
- Once you have entered all the details, you need to click “Continue.” This is a blue-color button located at the bottom of the page. Don’t forget to fill out the necessary fields. Otherwise, you won’t be able to sign up.
- Yahoo will check for the email ID. If you have entered an ID that has not been taken previously, then you are good to go. Otherwise, you will have to change the email ID. Once done, Yahoo will send you the key code via SMS.
- You can also click “Call me with the account key” to make yahoo call you with the verification code. After you have received the email verification code, you will have to enter it to confirm the account.
- Type the code in the field and then click “Verify.” Now, Click “Let’s Get Started.” This will take you to the Yahoo Main Page. Good job, you have set up your yahoo email account.
How to set up a Yahoo Email Account using mobile?
- First, you need to open yahoo mail. You can download the app from Play Store on Android or iPhone in case you have not downloaded it previously. So, after downloading the app, you can open it.
- Then, you need to tap the “Yahoo Mail.” This is the icon located in the middle of the app’s page. Next, Tap “Sign up,” which is located at the bottom of your mobile screen. When you do this, Yahoo will take you to the form where you can enter the personal details.
- Just like the web browser, you need to enter your personal information. It includes your first name, last name, email ID, password, phone number, gender, and date of birth. Next, tap the “Continue” button that appears on the screen of your phone.
- Now, tap “text me the key code or account key.” This way, Yahoo will send you the verification code. You will receive the code in your messages on the phone. Enter the code in the verify field and tap the “verify” button.
- The next step is to tap “let’s get started.” This will take you to the yahoo inbox. Further, you can customize your inbox or make changes as per your requirements. So, you have created your new yahoo email account. You can now send and receive emails.
In summary, Yahoo is one of the best email platforms on the internet. It offers a variety of features to the users. You can create and set up your Yahoo email account either using a web browser or mobile phone device.
The steps are almost the same for the web browser and the mobile device. Make sure you customize your yahoo account and read the policy of the company. This way, you will understand how to use a yahoo email account and send or receive emails through it.
Lastly, you can’t change your email ID after you have signed up. So, you need to choose the ID carefully. You can also create email alias, which is an additional email ID from your existing one that helps you maintain privacy.
Is a Yahoo email free?
Can you have a Gmail account and a Yahoo account?
How much is a Yahoo email account?
Are there problems with Yahoo Mail?
Is Yahoo Mail still working 2020?
Why is Yahoo Mail so bad lately?
Why is Yahoo not working?
Is Yahoo Mail upgrade legit?
Is Yahoo Classic mail being discontinued?
Is Yahoo verifying email accounts?
Why do I have to upgrade my Yahoo mail?
How do I upgrade my email account?
Why doesn’t my email update on my phone?
Like all apps on your device, your email app saves data and cache files on your phone. While these files don‘t normally cause any issues, it’s worth clearing them to see if that fixes the email sync issue on your Android device. Tap on Clear Cache to remove cached data.
How do I login to my email account?
How do I update my email app?
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone or tablet.
- Type “Gmail” into the search bar and then select Update. Note: If the update option is not available, you’re already on the latest version.
Why are my emails not showing up in my inbox?
How do I fix my email not working?
- Verify your internet connection is working. If it’s not, there are four things you can do to fix it.
- Make sure you’re using the correct email server settings.
- Confirm your password is working.
- Confirm you don’t have a security conflict caused by your firewall or antivirus software.