Setting up the Chromecast device with other support software and hardware can help you watch your favorite movies, videos, and TV programs from android, iOS, PC and Mac. Below are the steps to help you set it up.
How To Set Up Chromecast Without Wi-Fi
Looking for how to use Google Chromecast without Wi-Fi? Well, we must have had you in mind. Below are simple steps to set you off.
- Before beginning the process of casting, make sure your device has an updated version of Firmware. When confident that you have the updated version, you can proceed to the next step.
- Open the Google Home app on your Chromecast and tap on “Cast” button. The device will begin to search for the available devices, and once it finds Chromecast, it will show on the screen.
- Tap on the device found, and a four-digit PIN will appear on your screen. Then, enter the PIN to the Chromecast app to connect you device
By completing the above procedure accurately, your casting device should get connected to Google Chromecast. With that, you can enjoy watching the locally stored videos on your TV screen.
How To Setup Chromecast On Mac
The following are the steps to follow to set your Chromecast on Mac.
- Connect your Chromecast to your smart TV by ensuring the Chromecast is set into HDMI port and the power cable set into the USB port. Then, turn on your TV.
- Connect your Mac to a Wi-Fi network and connect your Chromecast to the same before starting to configure the two devices.
- Open your Chrome browser and click on http://www.chromecast.com/setup
- Download and install the Chromecast DMG by clicking the blue download button. Read the terms and conditions and then click “Accept.”
- After accepting the terms, the Chromecast app will search for any available Chromecast device your network.
- Click on the blue setup button to configure the Chromecast.
- Click on the “Applicable Set Up” button next to the Chromecast detected and choose your country from the drop-down menu.
- A code will pop up in your Chromecast app. Double-check the code on your TV screen and your app and click on “That’s my code button.” The code is to help you not to pair accidentally to another device in the house. When successfully connected, a congratulation message will appear on the TV and Mac screen.
- With your Chromecast configured, dongle to get connected to the Wi-Fi. By doing that, you’ll receive an invitation message from the Chromecast app requesting you to install Chromecast browser extension.
- Click “Get Cast Extension” option and click the add button and a pop-up confirmation message will appear on your screen. And Google Chromecast icon will appear in the toolbar of the Chrome browser on your Mac Computer.
- Click the Cast icon in your Chrome browser Toolbar to enable the extension. By doing that, your video on Mac will automatically appear on your big screen. Good luck!
How To Setup Chromecast On PC
For you to set up Chromecast on your PC, you should have the latest windows version (Window 7 onwards), a Chromecast device, secure Wi-Fi connection, and the newest version of Chrome browser. With those, you can proceed to the following steps.
- Connect your Chromecast to TV. To do that, plug your Chromecast device into the HDMI port and the power cable into the USB port.
- Visit google.com/chrome to download the latest version of Google Chrome browser. If you already have it installed in your PC, proceed to the next step.
- Open your browser and navigate to Chromecast Setup page
- Click on set up your Chromecast using this computer link and the webpage will begin to search for the devices connected on the Wi-Fi network.
- Once your Chromecast device has been found, click on it and then click on the “Set me up” option to get it set.
- Connect your Chromecast device to Wi-Fi to network and then click on “Next.” Common code will appear on your windows and TV simultaneously, if it matches, click “Yes” the code is not common, click “No” and begin afresh.
- Type the name you want for your Chromecast when prompted and click “Looks Good.”
- Provide the details required for your Wi-Fi network and click “Connect.”
- When done with the steps above, you’ll see “Ready to cast.” You can now select your videos and movies and watch them at your comfort.
How do I set up chromecast on my TV?
Why is my chromecast not connecting to my TV?
How do I relink my chromecast?
Why won’t my chromecast connect to my wifi?
How do I reconnect my chromecast to WiFi?
How do I connect my chromecast to my WiFi?
- Plug in your Chromecast.
- Download the Google Home appon your Chromecast-supported Android device.
- Open the Google Home app .
- Follow the steps. If you don’t find the steps to set up your Chromecast:
- Setup is successful. You’re all done!
Why is my laptop not finding chromecast?
How do I detect chromecast?
Why is Netflix not finding my chromecast?
At the lower left of the screen, select the Home tab. Scroll down to the Devices section and look for your Chromecast. If your Chromecast isn’t listed, it may be connected to a different network. Visit the Google support website for help switching networks.
How do I reinstall chromecast?
- While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow.
- When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.
How do I manually reset my chromecast?
- Open the Google Home app on your phone or tablet. The Google Home app is where you control your Chromecast device.
- Then tap on your Chromecast device.
- Next, tap Settings.
- Scroll down and choose Factory reset.
- Tap OK.
How do I fix my chromecast?
- Restart your Chromecast device.
- Check your Wi-Fi.
- Reboot your computer or smartphone.
- Update your Chrome browser.
- Perform a factory reset on your Chromecast.
- Chromecast blacking out or turning off.
Why cant Google home find my chromecast?
Why won’t my Iphone find my chromecast?
Does 1st generation chromecast still work?
Does anyone use chromecast?
Can’t find chromecast 1st gen?
- Check your internet connection. Make sure Chromecast is within 15-20 feet (4-6 meters) of the computer, phone, or tablet used for setup. Verify the color of the LED light.
- Troubleshooting steps. Completely close the Google Home app and then reopen it.
How do I use my first generation chromecast?
- Plug in your Chromecast device. Plug Chromecast into your TV.
- Download the Google Home app. On your mobile device or tablet, download the Google Home app .
- Set up Chromecast. Follow these simple Chromecast setup instructions.
- Cast content.