Sharing a file on Google Drive gives another Google Drive user access to it. You can choose the level of authority that they have over your file, such as editing capabilities, before you choose to share your file. To share a video file on Google Drive from any device, simply follow these easy steps:
How to Share Videos on Google Drive from a Computer
- Log into your Google Account, and select Google Drive from the applications menu.
- Choose the video file that you would like to share, and click on it.
- Select the “share” option. This icon looks like a little person with a plus sign on their shoulder.
- Under “people” enter the email address or addresses of the users that you would like to share your video file with.
- Click the down arrow to choose the authorization level that you want to give to those you are sharing your video file with. You can choose “view only” or give them editing capabilities.
- Finish the sharing process by clicking “share”. The recipients will be sent an email with a link to the video file or files from your Google Drive so that they can open and view them on their end.
How to Share Videos on Google Drive on an Apple Device
- Open the Google Drive app on your iPhone, iPad or other Apple device. Find it by looking for the yellow, green and blue triangle, and tap it to open.
- Select the video file that you would like to share, and tap “more”. The “more” tab will have an icon that looks like three dots stacked vertically.
- Under the “more” tab, select “add people”. This icon appears as a little person with a plus sign on their shoulder.
- Enter the email address of the person that you would like to share the video file with. You can share with multiple people at once by entering more than one email address. You can also choose a Google Group, if you have previously created a group for sharing files with in Google Drive.
- Choose the level of authorization that you want to give to the people that you are sharing your files with by selecting the down arrow and choosing the capability that you want to give.
- You can either choose to notify those you are sharing the file with, or you can “skip the notification”.
- To share the file with the selected person or group, tap “send”. The “send” button looks like a paper airplane.
How to Share Videos on Google Drive on an Android Device
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device by tapping the icon that looks like a tri-colored triangle.
- Select the video file that you would like to share, and tap the “more” icon next to the file. The “more” icon looks like three dots stacked vertically.
- Under “more” select “add people”. This icon will appear as a little person with a plus sign on their shoulder.
- You will be prompted to enter the email address or addresses of those you would like to share the video files with.
- You can choose to share with a “Google Group” if you have previously created a group of people that you frequently share Google Drive files with.
- Choose the authorization that you want to give to the people that you are sharing these video files with. You can choose from options like “view only” or “edit”.
- Once you are ready to send your video file, tap the “send” button. It looks like an arrow or paper airplane.
The people that you have shared your video file with will receive an email with a link to your video files so that they can open and access them on their end.
How do I share a large video file from Google Drive?
- In Gmail, click Compose.
- In the Compose toolbar, click Drive. and choose your file.
- Click Insert.
- When your message is ready, click Send.
How do you share files on Google Drive?
- On your Android device, open the Google Driveapp.
- Next to the folder’s name, tap More .
- Tap Share .
- Type the email address or Google Group you want to share with.
- To choose whether a person can view, comment, or edit the file, tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Send.
How do I share an mp4 file on Google Drive?
- Step 1: Find the file you want to share. Share a single file. On a computer, go to Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides. Click the file you want to share.
- Step 2: Choose who to share with & how they can use your file. Share with specific people. Select the file you want to share.
How do I share a video on Google Drive without downloading it?
- Select one or more files you want to limit.
- Click Share or Share .
- In the bottom right, click Advanced.
- Check the box next to “Disable options to download, print, and copy for commenters and viewers.”
- Click Save changes.
- Click Done.
Is video player for Google Drive safe?
Does Google have a video player?
How do I play a video in Gmail?
Why can’t I play videos in Google Drive?
What video files can Google Drive play?
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
- MPEG4, 3GPP, and MOV files (h264 and MPEG4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
- AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
- MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
- FLV (Adobe – FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)