Do you have a hair clipper that gives a ragged and an uneven cut? Well, you need not replace it by purchasing a new one. In other words, there is a way to make it work to perfection by simply sharpening its blades.
What is a Hair Clipper?
A hair clipper is a specialized equipment used for cutting human hair. It can be battery operated or electrically charged. With more and more people deciding their own hairstyles, the visits to barbershops have become infrequent. In other words, a large number of people are now giving shape to their hair with the help of clippers at home. It is mainly used for long hair. Therefore, it does not perform the role of trimming hair but does the specific task of cutting hair.
- Hair clipper cuts and not trims hair. It operates electrically or with batteries.
- More and more people are giving style to their hair at home.
How to Sharpen a Hair Clipper?
A lot of these modern lifestyle gadgets come with an auto-sharpening feature. However, a hair clipper’s blades wear out quickly if proper care is not taken. In other words, it is imperative to regularly sharpen the blades to ensure they work properly and also increase their life. For their maintenance, after detaching the blades from the main body, first, you need to remove dust and rust from it. Then sharpen it using a coarse material.
- Most hair clippers come with an auto-sharpening feature. Regularly sharpening increases the life of the trimmer.
- Detach the blades, remove dust and rust, and rub them on a coarse material.
There are various methods to sharpen the blades of a hair clipper. For instance, rub them on sandpaper or stone. In addition, use a wire brush along with salt.
Common Methods to Sharpen Hair Clipper Blades
· Sharpen Hair Clipper Blades with Salt
This is perhaps the easiest but the most tedious method to sharpen the blades. Place the trimmer blades in a tumbler full of salt and wait for the salt to pulverize.
· Sharpen Hair Clipper Blades with Wire Brush
A wire brush has bristles made of steel and they work well with the trimmer blades which too are made from stainless steel. The wire brush is very handy in removing any rust or dust lodged inside the blade grooves.
· Sharpen Hair Clipper Blades with Sandpaper
Procure some sandpaper from the nearby store, moist it with water or oil, and run the blades up and down vertically. In this technique, it is important to note that the sandpaper must provide a smooth run to the blades. Therefore, always place the sandpaper on a flat surface.
Each of the above methods is incomplete if you don’t take the process to its logical conclusion. In other words, after sharpening it, clean and oil the blades. For instance, pour some soap water on them and rub them dry to prevent rust. It is only once you have cleaned them properly and dried them that you should reassemble the gadget.
- Use sandpaper, salt, or a wire brush to sharpen trimmer blades at home.
- After sharpening them, clean them thoroughly. Oil the blades and dry them before reassembling the clipper.
Remember to regularly sharpen your clipper blades. This will improve the performance of the clipper as well as increase its life. For instance, a blade that has run out of its sharpness will end up cutting your hair unevenly or making you uncomfortable by pulling it.
- Place the sharpener on a flat surface.
- Clean the blades thoroughly of all dust and rust particles.
- Rub the blades vertically on the sharpener.
- Lubricate the blades after sharpening them before reassembling.
Is there a way to sharpen hair clippers?
How do you sharpen hair clipper blades at home?
How do you sharpen clipper blades with aluminum foil?
- 1.1 Ensure that the clipper blade is clean.
- 1.2 Dry the blades with a towel.
- 1.3 Place your aluminium foil on a surface.
- 1.4 Clean away particles.
- 1.5 You may repeat the process again if you want.
- 1.6 Couple blade back to the clipper.
Can you use sandpaper to sharpen clipper blades?
How do I know if my clipper blades are dull?
How can I make Clippers cut better?
Do hair clippers get dull?
Are Wahl Clippers self sharpening?
How long do hair clippers last?
Can I use wd40 on hair clippers?
How do I stop my hair clippers from pulling?
How do you make Clippers last longer?
Can I use olive oil on clippers?
How often should you oil hair clippers?
Can you use coconut oil on clippers?
How do you clean clippers after use?
Can you use shredder oil on hair clippers?
Can you use cooking oil for Clippers?
Ads by Google