Setting up a twitch channel maybe a little bit challenging, but with the right steps and tips, you’ll have your channel set up and functioning.
Sign up for a free Twitch account
To singn up for a Twitch channel, go to https://www.twitch.tv/ and click on the “Sign In/ Sign Up” on the top right part of your screen, and click on the Sign-Up option. To create your free account, fill out the ‘Sign up” form in the following steps
- Set up a username with a 4 to 24 character length
- Set your password
- Key in your email
- Key in your date of birth
- Confirm you are not a robot and you’ll have an account.
If you decide to use your mobile phone to create an account, you should sign-up using a mobile phone number and a verifying email. Landline number is not accepted. However, if you do breach any of the terms and conditions, your account may be suspended.
Download Streamlabs OBS as your streaming program
The program is easy to set up, customize the appearance of your stream and use. If you opt for a beta version, you’ll enjoy some exciting features such as chat integration.
Navigate to Twitch.tv, which is a streaming software that you’ll use for streaming
Even though there are other competitors, the software is easy to set up and straight forward, plays nicely, and has many users than other channels. The significant number of users will offer you more opportunities for many to view your streams.
Configure your OBS to start streaming on Twitch
With your twitch account already made, it’s now time to configure it with your OBS and adjust on preferences for your rigs. Since OBS do not support direct login into the Twitch, you should get a stream key first. Also, the fundamental changes periodically and you should be updating it every time you log in from the OBS. Once you have the stream key, you can configure your OBS with Twitch in the following steps.
- Click the setting button in the lower right corner and select the “Broadcasting setting” option in the left-hand pane.
- Select Twitch next to the “Streaming services.”
- Enter the stream key from the Twitch dashboard
- If prompted to change some of the video settings, ensure you make the changes before you move to the next step.
Depending on your video needs, there are a lot of settings that you can adjust in the OBS. When you are through, you can move to setting up the broadcasting.
Setting up Broadcasting
Before you start the streaming, setting up broadcasting is another step to go in the following steps.
- Open the game of your choice to stream, right-click the “sources” option
- In the Add, go to the menu and select “Window Capture,” you can also use ”Desktop Capture.”
- Name your source and hit Enter
- When a dropdown menu appears at the top of the next dialogue box, ensure you choose the window of your game and click OK
- When ready to begin broadcasting, click on “Start streaming” and you’ll be ready to start streaming your favorite games.
In addition to the steps and requirements mentioned above, you will also need a good Webcam, a powerful internet connection, two computers, and a powerful microphone for you to stream good quality games.
How much does it cost to stream on Twitch?
What do you need to start streaming on Twitch?
- A gaming system. Obviously, you‘ll need a good gaming system.
- Fast, reliable internet service. The second basic requirement is a stable internet connection.
- A good router.
- Streaming software for PC.
- A webcam.
Can you swear on twitch?
Is becoming a twitch streamer worth it?
Are Twitch streamers rich?
Is Twitch TV dying?
Is 30 too old to start streaming?
Is it hard being a streamer?
How long does it take to become a streamer?
Is it too late to become a streamer?
Is being a streamer fun?
Is it worth streaming on Twitch 2021?
How quickly can you make money on twitch?
Who is the richest Twitch streamer?
- Tyler ‘Ninja’ Blevins: $15 -20 million.
- Michael ‘Shroud’ Grzesiek: $8 – 12 million.
- Tim ‘TimTheTatman’ Betar: $6 million +