Amazon is an eCommerce marketplace, which lets third-party sellers to sell used or new products and buyers to choose their favorite products and items.
The following steps will help you start Amazon FBA:
Start Amazon FBA Business
FBA is nothing but fulfillment by Amazon, which handles most of the customer services. When a customer places an order, Amazon look at all the stocks of sellers and by-passes the sellers altogether and moves to the FBA warehouse. Then, Amazon picks up the order and delivers it to the customer. Here are the steps that help you set-up an Amazon FBA business:
- First, you have to decide on the product idea. That is, you have to get your product professionally designed and manufactured. You can either invent a product from scratch or reinvent from someone’s creation.
- Explore and communicate with other relevant eCommerce platforms that manufacture the same products. This will help you get some idea about the products.
- Request the samples and prototypes. Before getting the products in bulk, you can request your designer for a few samples. By looking at the sample products, you can decide whether these products will work for you.
- Buy a barcode. Every item has a barcode and you have to buy a barcode for your items.
- Start manufacturing. When marketing your product, you have to include some useful information and screenshots about the products. Customers will look for these things for every product. If need be, you can take a look at Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/) selling site and see how products are listed and described.
- Make use of the freight forwarding service to get your stock to the destination and through customs. Amazon delivers your stock to the freight forwarder. The freight forwarder gets your stock to your destination and then to the warehouse.
- Now, ‘Sign-In’ to your Amazon seller account and create your listings. Create a shipment on Amazon FBA and pay for the shipping in prior.
- Give your freight forwarder the pre-paid shipping labels. Now, you can start marketing your products on Amazon FBA.
Start Amazon FBA Reddit
Amazon offers fulfillment by Amazon to sellers to provide them more flexibility in their selling practices. FBA allows sellers to ship their items to an Amazon fulfillment center until they are sold. This helps to prevent sellers’ fulfillment problems and streamlines their business.
- First, you should set-up a FBA account. If you already have an Amazon selling account, ‘Sign-In’ to your account with your credentials. Add FBA to your Amazon account. If you do not have a selling account, open one. You cannot start Amazon FBA without a selling account.
- Now, you have to create your product listings. Add your products to the Amazon catalog one by one, in bulk or by integrating your inventory-management software with Amazon’s API.
- Next, you have to prepare your products for selling. For that, you have to make sure that your products are eCommerce ready, so that they can be securely and safely transported to the customers’ doorstep.
- Once your products are ready, you have to ship them to Amazon. Create your shipping plans, take discounted partner carriers and ship and track your items to Amazon fulfillment centers. Amazon’s online seller tools can help you ship and track your shipments.
- When customers place an order, Amazon picks up the order, packs it up, and ships them to customers. Prime customers get fast and free shipping on their orders. All customers can be eligible for free shipping for certain orders. Amazon fulfills the orders quickly and effectively using advanced, web-to-warehouse, high-speed picking, and sorting system. Customers can get the tracking information from time to time from Amazon.
- Amazon provides reliable customer services for all the products you sell and offer refunds and returns for orders that customers do not cherish.
Start Amazon FBA with No Money
Streamlining the business is the biggest headache for sellers, especially when they do online trading. This is why Amazon offers FBA for sellers. Sellers use FBA program to ship their merchandise to Amazon fulfillment centers. Amazon takes the responsibility of your items once they are moved to the fulfillment center and until they are sold.
- You have to create an Amazon seller account. For that, go the official site of Amazon and scroll down to the bottom of the page, where you can find make money with us. Under that label, you can find sell on Amazon. Click on that label to start a seller account. You can either start an individual or professional seller account.
- Pick-up your niche and decide the product you can offer. Choose the products that everyone can buy and use.
- You have to research the products using some product research tools. You can simply do Google search or if need be, you can look at the products under best seller rankings. Consider the FBA fees before finalizing the product. Each product is different and also its FBA fee varies depending on the size, shape, weight, and special features of the product.
- Now, you have to establish your product sourcing. Before selling the products, you have to test the products. If you have used the products already, you do not have to test them. You can find suppliers to sell your products. Contact overseas suppliers or take part in local trade shows to sell your products.
- Now, you have to create a brand. Name your brand and create a logo for it. Make sure to choose a brand name that has an available domain name. If you wish, you can create taglines for your brand. Buy copyright to your brand name and logo.
Create and list your products. Include product photos, descriptions, ideal buyers, and the best features of your product. Make sure to create a product description in a short and readable format.
Once you have set up Amazon FBA, you can consider using social media platforms to market your products and brand. This will help you get more sales than you expected.