Those who are in high school or in college would find it often hard to stay focused on improving their grades or simply sticking to the different fulfillments and requirements of the course in order to graduate successfully.
Here are some tips that can help you to stay motivated and to do your best while in school:
Prioritize your Work Schedule
Nowadays, flexible classes and timings often leave a lot of things open for the students to plan and prepare for. However, there would be certain papers or projects that are more vital to complete and succeed in than other smaller assignments or studying for optional courses. Hence, it is imperative that a student, at the beginning of a semester, plans the different classes to take, time to assign to certain projects and set timelines or targets in terms of succeeding assignments or at least, submitting assignments as per guidelines set.
Break Down Larger Assignments into Smaller, Doable Activities
If a project would take weeks to complete, you could set yourself daily or weekly targets. For instance:
- Set targets that would help you ensure that you stay on track and progress every week, even if it is small steps at a time.
- The same stance should be taken when preparing for exams.
- It is best to plan to cover the curriculum of exams at least a month before you are due to sit for the same.
- Once you are familiar with the different subjects, studying immediately before each exam would be easier and not appear too daunting.
Dedicate Five to Six Hours Per Day for Your Assignments
When you have to complete any project, submit assignments, study for exams or simply stay up to date, you would need to put in several hours for the same. If you are not in the habit of studying or working every day, added pressure can make it difficult to cope and make you depressed. For such reasons you need to:
- Fix certain hours of each day or at least during the weekdays to stay updated on your course studies, work on pending assignments or projects that have an upcoming deadline for submission.
- Depending on your school timings, fix a few hours of each day to study and work on projects or assignments.
- Even if this may not seem required when terms have just started or holidays are approaching, it would help you stay in the practice of studying; setting some time apart every day to work on smaller parts of larger assignments and so forth.
Plan Study Dates with Peers
It would be motivational to plan study dates with your classmates. If you have a joint project to work on, it would be imperative to work together. In other cases, it also helps to study with classmates or peers such as:
- Just before exams, working with classmates can help clear up doubts; make it easier to complete subjects and chapters together.
- Classmates can question each other on what they have studied and discussed important points or questions that are likely to be included in the forthcoming exams or papers.
- A competitive environment is created where each one tries to study and prepare the best as well as help the other in the same.
Set Rewards for Oneself for Succeeding in Set Goals
You could set yourself target scores to reach and reward yourself accordingly. The goals could be more intermediate, such as finishing a certain project or assignment in time; you could plan to watch a movie in the forthcoming weekend or do what you like to do once the set goal is achieve.
The above ways can come of use in different instances in school or college to help you stay motivated to complete your course with the best scores you could achieve.
How do I motivate myself to do well in school?
- Set Some Manageable Goals. It’s wise to set goals, so you have something to work toward.
- Try a New Study Method.
- Take Breaks When Necessary.
- Take Advantage of Office Hours.
- Maintain a Proactive Mindset.
- Reward Yourself for the Successes.
- Remember What You’re Working Toward.
How can I love studying?
How many hours should I study?
How can I memorize faster?
What is the best time to study?
Top Exam Preparation Tips
- Start your revision early.
- Organise your study time.
- Look after yourself during study and exam time.
- Vary your revision techniques.
- Vary your locations.
- Take regular breaks.
- Know your exam.
- Make sure you know the practical details about your exam.
How do you get 100 in all exams?
How can I cheat in exam?
How do you cheat properly?
How can I cheat and not get caught?
- Chew gum and smell fresh. But try not to be too fresh, or that will raise suspicion too.
- Stick to your story.
- Keep your phone on you at all times.
- Find a stranger.
- Don’t try to outsmart a private investigator.
How do you cheat on LockDown browser?
- According to Ashley Madison, cheaters also do the following seven things to avoid getting caught: Stay tight-lipped.
- Go the distance.
- Hide the evidence.
- Foolproof your phone .
- Maintain the status quo.
- Use a condom.
- Don’t leave a paper trail.
Can LockDown browser see your screen?
- Use ALT+Tab. The best and reliable method to get around the Respondus LockDown Browser while taking an examination is the use of ALT+Tab keys.
- Use Desktops.exe. Use Desktops.exe.
- Use Another Device.
- Use Virtual Machine.
- Use Second User on MAC.