The email notifications that Twitter sends can be very annoying, but there is an effective way to turn it off. This article will walk you through this process step by step so that you don’t have to deal with these emails anymore.
- Log in
The first thing you need to do is log into your Twitter account. You will have to enter your username and password.
- Navigate to Settings
Next you will need to click the profile icon and select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Disable Email Notifications
If Twitter emails are currently active, you will see “email is enabled”. Next to this you will see “Turn off”. Click or tap on this button to turn off email notifications for Twitter. After you do this you will no longer receive any emails from Twitter at all.
- Select the Notifications You Want
There are lots of different email notification settings to look through. There should be a box next to each of these options that you can keep checked if you want to receive emails.
These options include:
- “Someone likes my Tweets”
- “I’m mentioned in a Tweet that’s liked”
- “My Tweets are Retweeted”
- “I’m Followed by someone new”
- “I’m sent a direct message”.
- “Your Tweet got a reply”
Take the time to go down this list and see what your options are. You can choose to disable all email notifications if you want.
- Select Updates from Twitter
You can also choose to keep receiving updates from Twitter.
Some of these options that you can check off include:
- News about Twitter product and feature updates
- Tips on getting more out of Twitter
- Things I missed since I last logged into Twitter
- News about Twitter on partner products and other third party services
- Participation in Twitter research surveys
- Suggestions for recommended accounts
- Suggestions based on my recent follows
Certain Twitter update notifications can be useful, but you can certainly choose to disable all of them if you want.
- Save Changes
Once you have taken the time to go through all of the different email notification settings, select the “Save changes” button at the bottom of the page. This will save all of the changes you have made. You will no longer receive email updates from Twitter.
How do I stop getting notifications from Twitter?
How do I turn off my email notifications?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- In the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings.
- Select your account.
- Tap Notifications and select a notification level.
- Tap Inbox notifications.
- Choose your notification settings, including sounds.
How do I block twitter from my Gmail?
How do I delete an old twitter account I can’t access?
- Sign in to twitter.com on the web.
- Go to your Account settings and click on ‘Deactivate my account‘ at the bottom of the page.
- Read the account deactivation information. Click ‘Okay, fine, deactivate account. ‘
- Enter your password when prompted and verify that you want to deactivate your account.
How do I change the email associated with my twitter?
Can I delete my twitter account and make a new one with the same email?
How can I get my Twitter account back?
- Visit twitter.com/login via twitter.com, or open your Twitter for iOS or Android app.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Before you sign in, you’ll see a notice asking you to confirm if you want to reactivate your account.
- If you choose to reactivate, you’ll be redirected to your Home timeline.
Can I delete my twitter account and start again?
Can you have 2 twitter accounts with the same email?
Will I lose followers if I deactivate twitter?
Does deactivating twitter delete everything?
When you deactivate your account, all your posts, tweets, likes and comments disappear from the site for up to 30 days. This process can take minutes, or it can take a few days, depending on how prolific your Twitter presence was.