Tinder is a dating app with paid services called ‘Tinder Plus’ and ‘Tinder Gold’.
Though they offer extra features, you might want to deactivate it after a while.
Stop Tinder Gold Subscription
Before looking at community forums, let’s take a look at Tinder’s support page.
- There are three ways, as given in the article. That is, using the iOS app on phone, Android app on phone, and online method on a computer.
- Let us look at the online method, which is straightforward. You have to go to ‘tinder.com’, and then log in with your profile’s credentials.
- On the main screen, tap on your ‘Profile’; go to ‘Manage Account’ and either disable the ‘Auto Renew’ or ‘Cancel’ the subscription.
- If you are on Android, you can easily do this from inside the Play Store app. Search for Tinder, and select it. Then tap on cancel or unsubscribe and confirm the action.
Stop Tinder Gold iPhone
For an iOS device, you also have to refer to Apple’s cancellation policies – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 as given in this article.
- For those using iOS, that is the same for iPad and iPhone, you have to go to your iPhone ‘Settings’, your profile and then to ‘iTunes & App Store’, the same for iPad.
- Tap on your ‘Apple ID’ on the top of the main screen and maybe you will have to ‘Sign-In’, if not already.
- Then, scroll and find ‘Subscriptions’ to locate Tinder. Just tap on ‘Cancel Subscription’ and confirm the action afterward
- For any issues, look and ask Apple’s support as per the above article.
Stop Tinder Gold Automatic Renewal
When you are not sure of using the extended privileged services anymore, you have two options: ‘Cancel’ or ‘Cancel the Auto-Renewal Only’. This can also be done in various ways, through online or from inside the app.
- The Auto-Renewal feature is also available for disabling or canceling entirely. On iOS, this feature is available in the same ‘Subscriptions’ and tap on ‘Manage’.
- When you select Tinder, you can set the ‘Auto-Renewal’ slider to ‘Off’.
- On ‘tinder.com’, you can also do the same, instead of canceling your subscription entirely.
- When you do that, you can still enjoy the ‘Tinder Gold’ – https://blog.gotinder.com/introducing-tinder-gold-a-first-class-swipe-experience/ for the remaining days of the month.
There are specific steps if your subscribed using a credit card and for other exceptional cases, refer to complete guide on Tinder’s page.