Google Drive sync is used to keep the data up-to-date on all the devices.
Since Google Drive is an online cloud storage system, syncing helps you update data automatically.
Let’s say you upload a file on Google Drive from the web, then you can use the syncing option to update it in desktop or mobile apps as well. It also helps to back up data.
On Phone & Tablets
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to accounts
- Hit Google
- Select the Google account you want to sync and open it
- From the list choose the data or files you want to sync
- Press Sync now
- Open the Google Drive App
- Press Options button on the top left corner
- Scroll down and press Backup
- Turn on backup settings
- Select the files you want to backup or sync, sit back and relax while your data is synced automatically
On PC/Laptop (Mac and Windows)
- Download and Install Google Drive
- Sign in using email and password
- Select the folders you want to sync
- Press Start
Pro Tip: Syncing helps you backup data. Using this feature now your data will be automatically updated when it is connected to the Wi-Fi.