If you want to sync your iPad with iTunes so you can use it to listen to music and watch videos, you just have to follow a few basic steps.
You will be able to do this with any mode iPad, even the older ones.
- Connect Your iPad to Your Computer
First you will need to connect your Apple iPad to your computer via USB cable. When you do this, iTunes should instantly start up. If this does not happen, make sure that you have a firm connection established. You can connect to iTunes wirelessly, but it will be much slower.
- Click the iPad Button
Select the iPad button, which is located beneath the empty Search box. If you have multiple Apple devices that you use with this computer, all of them will be displayed. Choose the one that you want to sync.
- Begin Setup Process
Next you will need to select the “New iPad” option. Once you have done this, the sync screen will appear.
- Get Started
Once you see the sync screen appear, click the “Get Started” button. You will then see the iPad screen.
- Choose the Summary Tab
Navigate to the Summary tab in iTunes. Confirm that your iPad is still connected to your computer before doing this. If you do not see the name of your iPad appear, make sure that it is plugged into your computer properly. From now on your iPad will automatically start syncing when you plug it into your computer. All of the files that are in your library will go onto your device.
- You can choose to sync your iPad with iTunes over Wi-Fi without any cords. All you have to do is check the select the appropriate box before getting started. Just keep in mind that the syncing process will be slower than if you connected with a cord.
- If there are specific songs that you want to sync, simply check the boxes next to them in the iTunes library.
- If you ever decide that you want to manually manage your music and videos, you can choose to turn off syncing at any time by selecting the appropriate box.
- If you select the “Open iTunes When This iPad is Connected” option but don’t want to sync your device automatically, there is an alternative. Go to iTunes and Preferences if you are using a Mac. If you are using a Windows PC, go to Edit and Preferences. This will ensure that your iPad will not sync automatically.
- When you want to remove certain files from your library so they don’t sync to your iPad, simply tick the box next to them and hit the Delete key on your keyboard. The files will still be on your hard drive but not in your library. They also won’t be synced to your device next time you plug it into your computer.