If you want to synchronize the apps on your iPhone with your Mac computer, there are a few simple and easy ways to do so. This article will cover all of the steps that you need to follow to do this. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes regardless of the method you choose.
- USB Cable
The simplest and most straightforward method of syncing your iPhone to your Mac is to use the USB cord that came with your phone. You can also use this method to sync your contacts, messages, notes, and calendar.
- First connect your iPhone to your computer with the compatible USB cable.
- You should notice that iTunes launches a couple seconds after you plug in your phone. If it does not, you have done something wrong and need to make sure the device is plugged in properly.
- Your iPhone should start syncing with iTunes so that all of the apps you have in it transfer to your device instantly.
Another option you have for syncing your iPhone apps to your Mac is using Wi-Fi. It is important to keep in mind that this method is a bit slower and not as efficient as using a USB cable.
- If you are setting up Wi-Fi synching for the first time, you will need to connect your iPhone to your Mac via the USB cable.
- Launch iTunes and click on the iPhone icon that appears.
- Navigate to the Summary tab.
- Look under Options and check the box that says “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi”, then click the Apply button.
- You will now be able to sync your iPhone to your Mac computer wirelessly through your local wireless internet connection.
- Synching with iTunes Manually
You can sync the apps on your Mac with your iPhone manually by following a few simple steps. This is a good method to use if your phone doesn’t synch with your computer automatically when you plug it in.
- First you will need to open up iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version on your computer before proceeding.
- Hook up your iPhone to your computer with the USB cable it came with.
- Select the device icon and navigate to the Settings, which is located on the left side of the iTunes screen. You will see a list of content types that you can sync from your library to your iPhone. You should see apps on this list.
- Select the apps that you want to synch.
- While you are at the main iTunes screen, you will need to check the box that says “Synch” to turn on automatic synching. Next time you plug in your device, it should instantly start synching with your computer.
- Once you have turned on synching, you see some customization settings. Take the time to review these settings so you can decide if any of them will be useful for you.
- Go back and repeat the fourth, fifth, and sixth steps for the content you want to synch (apps).
- Click the Apply button, which you will find in the bottom right corner of the screen. If your device still doesn’t synch automatically, click on the Synch button to do it manually.
If you have any issues with synching your iPhone with your Mac, you might not be using the current version of iTunes. You can do this from within the app or visit the iTunes page on the official Apple website.
Can you get the same apps on Mac as iPhone?
Why isn’t my iPhone syncing with my Mac?
How do I sync apps on all my Apple devices?
How do I manage my iPhone on my Mac?
Can I see my iPhone apps on my computer?
In the source list on the left, click the iTunes Store. Click the Apps link, and the Tunes App Store appears. Click the iPhone tab at the top of the screen (as opposed to the iPad tab). The iPhone App section of the App Store appears.