In the eighteenth and nineteenth century the cowboys, laborers, and workers generally wore baggy jeans. They wore it because jeans material is tough and it does not tear easily. These working-class people found it cost-effective as they did not have to change their dress within a short period.
How to Taper Baggy Jeans?
There can be many such instances where people buy baggy jeans and then want to alter it for a slim fit. Some steps to taper baggy jeans are as follows,
- A pair of jeans should fit you in the rise, hips, and crotch otherwise there will be no point in tapering it.
- Turn your jeans inside out and cut the stitches on the sides of the pair of jeans. Once it is done, again sew it according to the size of your waist, tight and legs.
- If the length is also an issue then you will have to measure your length and cut it, fold it and sew it accordingly.
How to Taper Jeans Waist?
Tapering the waist of the jeans has many methods. The most time consuming and easy method is,
- Put your jeans inside out and pin the waist part at the sides. Do it as per the measurement of your waist.
- Keep the extra jeans material on both sides and pin and pin along the waist. You will also have to go down to the mid-thigh.
- Sew by the side to the pins with a single straight stitch. Turn your jeans wearable side out and put them on.
How to Taper Jeans by Folding?
We generally fold the pair of jeans when the length is more than required. We all have been doing this for a long time. There are some interesting methods by which you can fold it to make different fitting.
- You can make your jeans have a very skinny cuff. Fold only the bottom hem measuring about half a width. Make another cuff of the hemline of the same measurement.
- To make a wide cuff fold the jeans from the bottom to three to five inches wide. Cuff it again if required. Roll the jeans from the bottom for the rolled cuff. It is the simplest cuff.
- Another interesting way of jeans folding is under the cuff. In this case, we generally fold the jeans inward.
How to Taper Denim?
Generally, we see today’s folk wear tapered denim. If you want to transform your old regular fit denim into taper ones then follow the following steps,
- Take the measurement of your legs and thighs. Mark the areas you want to alter and pin-up the denim by the markings.
- Sew first and then cut the surplus material. Take the right side in iron to smoothen it and wear it.
It is Possible to Taper Jeans
Tapering jeans was a big problem previously because of its toughness. These days we generally do not use such materials because we want comfort. There are also many machines which would help us in getting the sewing done easily.
How Much does it Cost to Taper Jeans?
Tapering jeans takes around 2$ to 5$ if given to shops. Even some shops charge you more. But if you are buying in the tapering it from the same shop at the same time it is for free. There are many YouTube tutorials from where you can learn the methods of tapering your jeans and denim. This will help you in saving money.
How do You Taper Pants?
You taper pants exactly the way you taper the jeans. The only difference is that you do not need a big needle. All you have to do is take the measurement and mark them on the pants by taking it inside out. Open the hem and sew it by the markings. Cut the excess cloth. Take out the right side and wear it.
- Take the measurements properly before tapering.
- Always take the pants inside out before stitching the pants for tapering.
- Always sew and then cut the extra cloth material.
- If not sure about your ability then it is better to give it to a shop.