Tips to prepare for a breakup
Are you having the feeling that the distance between you and your lover or your life partner is going through a bad phase?
Do you find that it is on the verge of a breakup? No matter you are looking to put an end to an ongoing relationship or if the partner is thinking about a break in the relationship, it is important that you are ready for it. The following are some of the tips to follow in order to get out of the bad situation of a relationship break up quick and fast.
- Give a last serious thought to your relationship
Before you get ready to face an imminent breakup, be sure whether it is going to happen or not. For this, you should ask some tough questions to evaluate the relationship.
- Ask about the quality of the relationship. Are there more good times than the bad times? Do you feel unhappy and tensed due to the regular ups and downs in the affair with the partner?
- Think about who is determined to turn the relationship into a successful one and also find out if anyone of you is committed to straighten the bond.
- It is not a bad idea to talk to the partner about the break up fears that you are facing. Have you guys given a serious thought to counseling or made efforts to change things?
- Even after putting a serious thought to the affair and getting answers to the questions, you are sure of the breakup no sooner than later, and then accept it.
- There is no point in crying over it and this is the time to concentrate on other good things life and also the positives from the relationships.
- Getting prepared mentally and physically for the breakup
The time has come to move on from the old relationship status and to start a new chapter in your life. It is wise to shed the tag of being alone forever and concentrate on the rest and the relief from the rigors of being in a relationship. Make up your mind to shed the single status and to turn it into a free bird or a free man status. This could bring in more happiness to your new life.
- Prepare a list of all the good things that can be done as a free bird.
- Give a serious thought to the bad incidents of the relationship and think how you would feel to live free from it than to face such situations.
- All this while your concentration would have been on pleasing your partner and keeping her happy. It is now time to think about you and give importance to you. Just console yourself by saying that you didn’t fit for each other.
- Love yourself in all the ways that you like to be loved. Treat yourself in the best possible manner that you want to get treated. By doing so, you will start to feel that you need to get the most importance.
- Be wary that breaking up a relationship does not put you in an ‘all alone’ position. Do away with the thought of being alone as there are more people in your life like family, friends, colleagues, etc., who can bring happiness and pleasure to your life.
- Think of the best place to visit, or the best food to eat, or the best friends you like to be with to make you feel happy. Try these things to shift your focus from the breakup.
- It is time that the focus shifts to you. Think about your strengths, positives, hobbies, sports activities, etc., that was left in the cold storage. Start to think about you to get over the breakup.
- Create a new environment
It is time to remove all the clutter or the leftovers from the relationship. Think of downsizing the room and removing all things that would remind you of the ex-partner.
- Pack off all the things that your partner gave in a box and get it delivered to her. Any things that remind you of her should not be there in your home.
- If downsizing the room still gives you a haunted feeling of her, then try to change the entire look of the room. Redecorating the space and making it livelier with all the positives in your life other than your relationship is a wise decision.
- Changing the furniture set up or completely replacing it and adding a different color to the space is advised to get rid of the thoughts of the lover.
It is very important to stay healthy during a breakup. You need to get into the habit of taking care of yourself while you are on the verge of a breakup. A self-care routine needs to be started as quickly as possible. This will help in getting rid of the stress and strain of the breakup process.
- Eat healthy foods and try eating stuff that will boost your immunity.
- It is very important to start an exercise routine and do a serious workout for at least 40 to 45 minutes in a day. This will help in de-stressing the body and mind.
- Getting a good night’s sleep of about 7 to 8 hours a day is a must.
- Get ready to welcome the single life:
Planning ahead to lead a single life after the breakup beforehand will help in lessening the burden and worries that you might go through at the end of the relationship.
- Prepare a list of the family members, friends, and colleague’s you can trust and talk to them about your present situation. They would help you in smoothly getting over the sorrows of a breakup.
- Prepare yourself to not try to get in contact with the partner after the breakup. Once this is practiced for a few days or weeks, then the thoughts of the partner will fade away from your mind.
- Be ready to stay with your friend or to invite your close friend home for a few weeks after the breakup.
The relationship that you have been ended on a sorry note had a lot of bad things than the good things. It is now time to get over it and be ready to accept new people into your life.
How do you get strong enough to break up with someone?
- Keep talking to the people who love you. Make sure you maintain a great support network of friends and family.
- Try a reality check.
- Take time for yourself.
- Don’t underestimate your gut feelings.
- Don’t drag it out once you’ve made a decision.
How do you act after a break up?
- Take some time apart. Even if you both know you want to maintain a friendship, a little space for some time won’t hurt.
- Respect each other’s needs.
- Maintain some physical and emotional distance.
- Discuss how you’ll handle encounters.
Do relationships ever work after a breakup?
How soon after breakup you should date?
How long after a breakup does it stop hurting?
What percentage of breakups get back together?
Is it bad to date someone right after a breakup?
Whats it called when you date someone right after a breakup?
How can I focus myself after a break up?
Develop a self-care routine, hit the gym, go to the spa, or take a solo trip — whatever makes you feel good. Focus on your own needs and what makes you happy for awhile because, after all, you have no one to answer to but yourself. “If you like massages, get some massages!