Nowadays telephone numbers are not listed in public databases so it gets hard to track them down and find the owner of the number, there are very few options available to a single individual, but still, all we can do is try.
Here are some ways listed for you to try out and see what works best for you.
- Call the Number
To whomsoever picks it up, explain to them that you are receiving n number of calls from this number and politely ask them who’s number is this or who’s talking.
- If you get a satisfactory answer, then well in good as we have other methods listed below also.
- Try calling the number with your friend’s phone.
- And then go on explaining that you have been receiving calls from this number and ask for who’s talking.
- If you have tried this and failed i.e. gotten no answers. It’s not possible that the other party has decided not to pick your call up.
- Calling from someone else’s number will help you rule out that probability.
- Search Public Databases
Even though not all numbers these days are listed in public databases, still some are.
- You can look up these databases for some help.
- In India, you can lookup yellow pages.
- Use a Search Engine
These days’ people post their number everywhere, so if you are lucky they would have posted the number on a personal or a corporate website.
- The area code of the phone number you’re looking for should be included. Try several formats, such as XXX-XXX-XXXX and (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
- Search on different engines, don’t just stop looking it up in one.
- For example, don’t only look up on Google; try Yahoo and others as well.
- Search a Social Networking Site
Search the phone number on any social networking websites be it Facebook, twitter or any other.
- Some websites have strict privacy norms still you can try this; you don’t know when you’ll get lucky.
- It may be someone you have been dealing online with if you suspect any. Look up the website where you have talked and exchanged information, maybe the site’s forum.
- Use a deep web search engine. Also known as the Invisible web, it has search engines, which is designed to find results that are not available on mainstream search engines.
- Deep web engines are typically specialized, so you’ll need to find one that’s useful for your search.
- Try searching (on a regular search engine) for an index or guide to deep web search engines.
- These types of search engines are typically designed and are specialized, so you have to pick the one that may be useful for you.
- You have to look up the internet for any help with deep web search engines.
- Only when you exhaust one option then only move to the other
- Using the deep web can be tricky, use it only in desperate times.
- Do not misuse it.