Nowadays telephone numbers are not listed in public databases so it gets hard to track them down and find the owner of the number, there are very few options available to a single individual, but still, all we can do is try. Here are some ways listed for you to try out and see what works best for you.
- Call the Number
To whomsoever picks it up, explain to them that you are receiving n number of calls from this number and politely ask them who’s number is this or who’s talking.
- If you get a satisfactory answer, then well in good as we have other methods listed below also.
- Try calling the number with your friend’s phone.
- And then go on explaining that you have been receiving calls from this number and ask for who’s talking.
- If you have tried this and failed i.e. gotten no answers. It’s not possible that the other party has decided not to pick your call up.
- Calling from someone else’s number will help you rule out that probability.
- Search Public Databases
Even though not all numbers these days are listed in public databases, still some are.
- You can look up these databases for some help.
- In India, you can lookup yellow pages.
- Use a Search Engine
These days’ people post their number everywhere, so if you are lucky they would have posted the number on a personal or a corporate website.
- The area code of the phone number you’re looking for should be included. Try several formats, such as XXX-XXX-XXXX and (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
- Search on different engines, don’t just stop looking it up in one.
- For example, don’t only look up on Google; try Yahoo and others as well.
- Search a Social Networking Site
Search the phone number on any social networking websites be it Facebook, twitter or any other.
- Some websites have strict privacy norms still you can try this; you don’t know when you’ll get lucky.
- It may be someone you have been dealing online with if you suspect any. Look up the website where you have talked and exchanged information, maybe the site’s forum.
- Use a deep web search engine. Also known as the Invisible web, it has search engines, which is designed to find results that are not available on mainstream search engines.
- Deep web engines are typically specialized, so you’ll need to find one that’s useful for your search.
- Try searching (on a regular search engine) for an index or guide to deep web search engines.
- These types of search engines are typically designed and are specialized, so you have to pick the one that may be useful for you.
- You have to look up the internet for any help with deep web search engines.
- Only when you exhaust one option then only move to the other
- Using the deep web can be tricky, use it only in desperate times.
- Do not misuse it.
Can you trace a blocked call?
Get the App
With the right app, your iPhone, Android or Windows smartphone can trace a blocked number and give you a wealth of otherwise hidden information about your caller.
Can you unmask a blocked call?
Learn how to reveal who is behind blocked calls on Android and iPhone devices. TrapCall can unmask calls that come into your phone as Blocked, Private, Restricted, and No Caller ID. Once you know who is calling we can help stop the harassment with our block list, incoming call recorder, and other great features.
Can * 67 be traced by police?
“As soon as the call is placed, it can be tracked and traced to where it is being originated.” Dialing *67 may cloak your call from other Caller ID-equipped phones, but not from your carrier or the authorities.
What does * 69 mean on the phone?
*67 – Caller ID Block: Hides your phone number on Caller ID systems. *69 – Call Return: Redials the last number that called you. *70 – Call Waiting: Places your call on hold so you can answer another.
Can you track * 67 calls?
Yes, they can be traced. Prefixing a phone number dialed with *67 does block the transmission of Caller ID, which for most everyday purposes makes it anonymous, but there is another mechanism available to toll-free customers to retrieve the calling number, and of course the phone company records have the actual number.
What is * 82 on the phone?
This Vertical Service Code, *82, enables calling line identification regardless of subscriber preference, dialed to unblock withheld numbers (private callers) in the U.S. on a per-call basis. Some mobile devices may alternatively offer or require a menu selection to override Caller ID blocking per call.
How can I trace a call location?
Navigate to a reverse lookup website, such as 411.com, whitepages.com or address.com. Find the reverse lookup option on the website’s home page, then enter the phone number that you would like to trace and click on “Find.” If the person’s phone number and address are publicly listed, you’ll be given her address.
What happens when you dial * 57?
The *57 feature is neither a phone tracker nor a GPS tracker. Instead, it’s a call tracing service. This means that the receiver of a call can choose to immediately dial the number of the call received even if it was concealed and anonymous.
What is * 77 on the phone?
How *77 works with Xfinity, AT&T and Verizon home phone service. Xfinity: Dial *77 and callers who block the display of their name and number will hear an automated recording that you’re not accepting blocked calls. The message instructs them to unblock their Caller ID and call again.
Can I use * 57 on a cell phone?
When dialing *57, customers agree to accept charges for using the service. To activate Call Trace, follow these steps: After receiving a harassing call, hang up the phone. Immediately pick up the phone and press *57 to activate call trace.
Is there any way to find out who is calling from a restricted number?
Ask your phone company for call tracing. With call tracing, you can dial *57 on your phone immediately after receiving a restricted call. If the number originated from within your local calling area, you’ll be able to access the number.
Can I call back a restricted number?
It is possible to call back a restricted number on a cell phone or land line by dialing *69 as the next action after receiving such a call. A restricted number or private number is one that is intentionally blocked by the caller for a number of personal reasons.
How can I find unknown number details?
Here are some of the top websites that offer services to find out unknown callers.
- TrueCaller. TrueCaller is a free support service that helps to track calls free of cost.
- WhitePages.com. White Pages get you information like name, address, and map of all international numbers.
- Spy Dialer.
How do you trace an unknown caller?
Use *57. One option to try to discover the identity of an unknown caller is a 57 call trace. Though this option does not work on all unknown calls, it does work on some so it’s worth trying. To use it simply dial 57 on your phone and you will be given the previous caller’s number.
How do you figure out who is calling you?
Find out who is calling you from your smartphone using NumberGuru. NumberGuru is a free service that allows you to quickly look up who is calling you, in some cases even if they are calling you from a cell phone.
How can I trace a number online?
Findandtrace.com is the best mobile number information provider in India, which provides SIM Type, Phone number, Address, State, Last Search history, Caller name in few seconds. Best Mobile number Tracker in India is findandtrace.com, which is used to trace the mobile phone number location in India.
Is there an app that can identify unknown callers?
Truecaller for Android Can Now Identify Unknown Numbers in Messaging Apps. Truecaller now identifies unknown numbers on WhatsApp.
Is there an app to tell you who is calling?
Truecaller is available on both major platforms, iOS and Android, and is free on both. Keep in mind that it will ask you for your name and number before you can use the app, which will add you to their database.