With iCloud drive, you can access your photos, videos, music and documents from any device. In this guide you will learn how to transfer photos to iCloud.
How to transfer photos to iCloud on iPhone and iPad
To transfer your entire photos, you need to enable iCloud access for photos app. Follow the steps to do so.
- Open settings on your device, it is a gear icon on your home screen.
- On the top on settings menu, you have your profile name and picture (if you have set any). Tap on your profile.
- Then tap on iCloud.
- You will see a list of apps with their switch buttons. Find photos and turn its switch on (turns green).
Important notes about iCloud Photos
- Now your entire photo gallery including videos will be synced to your iCloud storage. The time to sync depends on the speed of internet.
- Once your photos are synced, you can access them on any device through this account.
- When you enable access for photos, it will give two options, Optimize iPhone/iPad storage, Download and keep original. The first option means that low resolution photo will be saved in your device storage and original resolution on iCloud. The second option means no change in resolution on eithers.
- When you deletes a photo from your iPhone/iPad device, it is also deleted from iCloud too. Similarly, when you deletes a photo from iCloud storage, it is deleted also deleted from your device.
How to transfer photos to iCloud on Mac
Photos in Mac can also be transferred to iCloud photos library. Follow the steps below on Mac OS X to sync your photos to iCloud.
- Click on photos on your mac > click on photos from menu bar.
- Click on preferences from drop down list > click on iCloud Tab from the interface.
- Check the box saying iCloud Photo Library.
- If you want to store low resolution photo in your mac storage and original resolution photo in iCloud storage, check the box saying optimize mac storage.
Now, you have successfully enabled syncing between your mac photo library and iCloud photo library. When you are connected to internet, your photos will be synced with iCloud and iCloud photos with your mac Photos.
How to view photos synced by iCloud
If you want to view/download photos from your iCloud library that are synced from your iPhone, iPad or mac device, follow the steps below.
- Open www.icloud.com
- Sign in with your ID and Password.
- Click on photos.
All of your pictures, synced from all devices will be here in photo library. This method works on every Operating System like Windows, Android, Linux etc.
Store your Passwords in iCloud Keychain
In this guide, we would also like to introduce you with iCloud keychain feature. As the name implies, this feature allowed you to save your passwords, here saving means iCloud makes backup of your passwords and they can be restored later. So, follow the steps below to enable iCloud keychain.
- Open settings on your iOS device.
- Tap on iCloud.
- In iCloud section, find keychain option and turn its button on (it will turn green).
Now, it will keep your passwords and whenever you need to enter them, keychain will autofill the password field.
How do I save all my photos to iCloud?
Do photos stay on iPhone if deleted from iCloud?
How do I know if my photos are backed up on iCloud?
- To turn on iCloud backup, go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup.
- Make sure you’re connected to the WiFi and click the Back Up Now button.
- To check whether you backed up your photos, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and view your latest backup.
How do I get my old pictures from iCloud?
On your Mac:
- Go to Photos > Preferences.
- Click the iCloud tab.
- Select iCloud Photos.
How do I view photos stored in iCloud?
How long do photos stay in iCloud?
The backup is saved until overwritten, and photo stream photos remain in iCloud for 30 days. The iCloud backup includes your camera roll pictures, but those are overwritten each time you back up.
Does iCloud store photos permanently?
Should I use iCloud for photos?
Does iCloud store all photos forever?
What happens to photos when iCloud off?
Will iCloud delete my photos if I don’t pay?
Why is iPhone storage full when I have iCloud?
Does iCloud free up storage on iPhone?
Moving files to the Cloud is an easy way to free up space locally on your iPhone. For those with large Camera Rolls, enabling Apple iCloud offers 5GB of space for free. There’s also an option under Settings > iCloud > Photos (when iCloud Photo Library is turned on) called Optimize iPhone Storage.
How do I use iCloud storage instead of iPhone storage?
- Head to Settings and tap on your name (underneath should read “Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes, & App Store”).
- Select “Change Storage Plan”.
- From those available, choose which storage plan works best for your needs.
- Once selected, tap on Buy.
- You may be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID to confirm the purchase.
Is buying iCloud storage worth it?
Is iCloud storage worth it 2021?
What is better iCloud or Google Drive?
Ads by Google