While most people prefer the shuffle feature present in the premium version of Spotify, here are a few things you can do to turn it off in your devices.
How to Turn off Shuffle Play on Spotify Android?
Most people like to shuffle their music playlist to give them a sense of thrill at not being able to guess the next song on the list. If you don’t like the shuffle or want to turn it off temporarily, here’s what you can do.
- On your Android device navigate to the Spotify app and launch it open to play your favorite song.
- Once the app is open, go to a playlist you want to play from and tap on the song you want to play.
- The process could get tricky if you don’t have an internet connection active at that moment and you don’t have the song downloaded either.
- It’s imperative to note here that the shuffle option is activated only in premium Spotify subscriptions, so you need to be there before you proceed any further.
- As the song is playing, tap on the zig-zag icon illustrating the shuffle of songs. The green color means that the songs are shuffling and the grey means that it is inactive.
How to Turn off Shuffle Play on Spotify without Premium?
If you are a Spotify user trying to turn off shuffle on a free account, here’s what you need to do.
- Go visit the Spotify website or download the app from your app store depending on your OS.
- After completing the Sign-Up process you will be prompted to try the premium version. Go ahead and proceed with the payment option and complete the whole process.
- Now, you will get the advantage of being able to use the shuffle option. Tap on the shuffle icon to enable or disable it accordingly.
How to Turn off Shuffle Play on Spotify iOS?
If you are an iOS user playing songs using the popular music streaming service Spotify instead of Apple Music, you should know how to turn the shuffle on and off, so here’s what you need to do.
- Open up your iOS device meaning your iPhone or iPad, and launch your favorite music streaming service, Spotify – https://www.spotify.com/.
- As you launch the app, you get a variety of playlists showing up on your homepage. Select a playlist from the homepage or go over one you made early on.
- From the playlist, choose to play a song. If the shuffle is already on, the next song playing would be randomly chosen. While many prefer it, you can turn it off thus.
- On the song page tap on the green zig-zag icon that appears illustrating the shuffle going on. Tapping on the icon disables the service and you can listen to the songs in sequence.
- If you want to use the shuffle feature, you need to be a paid member of Spotify.
Try using the shuffle feature before disabling it every time you play a song.