This guide is about turning on iCloud music library. We will discuss method for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
If you have subscribed to apple music then all of your music will be saved in your personal library. Now, if you have enabled iCloud music library, then all of the music in your library will be synced by iCloud library and can accessed anywhere from it.
Following steps shows how to turn on iCloud music library on your apple device.
Make sure that you are signed in your iCloud account, because it synced only when you are signed in.
How to turn on iCloud music library on iPhone and iPad
- Open settings app on your iPhone or iPad. It is usually a gear icon on your home screen.
- In the settings section, tap on Music.
- In the music section, you will se many features. Find iCloud Music Library. Tap the switch button to on (turn green when enabled).
- Done. You have successfully enabled iCloud music library on your device.
Note: Now, if any music is already there in your personal music library of device, iCloud music library will ask you, if you want to keep the music. If you choose to keep the music, it will be added to the iCloud music library. If you choose delete and replace, all the music contents of your personal library will be deleted and replaced by the music of iCloud music library. If you choose Merge, then if there is music in your device that matches with the iCloud music library, then it will be available to all the devices using this iCloud account.
How to turn on iCloud music library on Mac or PC
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed iTunes in your pc. Because it is needed in the next steps.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or pc.
- On mac select iTunes>preferences from the menu bar. And on PC select edit>preferences from the iTunes menu bar.
- In the general tab, check the box saying that, enable iCloud Music Library.
- Click Ok.
iCloud Family sharing
To turn on iCloud family sharing on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below.
- Open Settings.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Turn on the switch saying Family sharing.
iCloud allows you to share the iCloud storage, purchase, location and much more with your family.
You can add family members in your iCloud account. You can also put restrictions to the family members on iCloud.
Share Location on iCloud
This is one of the best features of iCloud that gives the feel of real family on iCloud. You can share your location on the go with your family member on iCloud. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Open settings.
- Tap iCloud.
- In the advanced section, tap on Share my Location.
Tip: Dr. Fone is an extremely useful tool for the iPhone or iPad users. It allows you to recover iPhone data. The data may include photos, videos, documents etc.
You can also recover data from iCloud or iTunes backup. It also allows you to recover selected data contents from the backup. It is available to download for Windows. You can download it from link below.
It is compatible with latest iPhone models also.
How do I enable iCloud music library?
Why is my iCloud music library not available?
Can’t find iCloud music library settings?
- Open Settings.
- Swipe down to Music.
- Tap the toggle next to iCloud Music Libary to recover your Apple Music Library.
- It make take some time for your library to repopulate in the Music app.
How do I restore iCloud music library?
Why can’t I see my music library on my iPhone?
Where did my music go on my iPhone?
How do I get my music back on my iPhone?
How do I get my music icon back on my iPhone?
- On your iPhone, open the App Store.
- Tap the Search button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the search bar, type in and search for Apple Music.
- You should see the app in the list. Tap the cloud download button.
- The app will download almost instantly.
How do I restore my music to my new iPhone?
- Open the iTunes Store app. On your iPhone or iPod touch: At the bottom of your screen, tap More.
- Tap Music. If you use Family Sharing, tap a family member’s name to see music that they purchased.
- Find the music that you want to redownload, then tap it.
- Tap the download button. next to a song or album.
How do I get my music back on my phone?
Step 1: On your phone, open Google Play Music app. Step 2: Then tap on “Menu” button then go to “Trash”. Step 3: After that tap on “More” option and then tap “Undelete” button. After that, your deleted music or songs will be back to your Android phone.
How do I get Apple music back on my home screen?
- Open the App Store and tap the Search tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Search for Music. Find the Music app by Apple and tap the download button that looks like a cloud with a downward arrow.
- It will download in an instant since it was never truly deleted.