Mozilla Firefox is definitely a deal breaker and a browser with cutting edge technology. It is best known for its versatility because it can be used in mobile, tablet, PC as well as desktop. But you may get into a situation where you will be compelled to uninstall the browser from your respective devices because of some unreasonable circumstances. So, here are some methods by which you can uninstall Mozilla Firefox.
Uninstalling Firefox from PC
- Open Control Panel
Control Panel from its name suggests which means a particular option which controls most of the software of your system. So, open it to proceed further.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button to open the start menu.
- Thereafter find the section which is shaded, it is to the immediate right of the applications which is commonly used that also includes a list of choices.Among the above options, you will find links that will connect you to the pictures folders and documents.
- Below it you will find a link titled as “Control Panel”, just click on it.
- Open the Subheading Titled “Uninstall”
When you open the window of control panel is opened, you will see different headings, and one of them will be “Network and Internet”, and “System and Security”.
- Find the heading which is titled as “Programs”.
- Below this heading, you will find one more subheading titled “Uninstall A Program”.
Click on that subheading as it will take you further
- Choose “Mozilla Firefox”
Now, you will have to choose “Mozilla Firefox” if you want to uninstall this app. A menu will emerge which will show a list of many applications which is present on your computer.
- Keeps it scrolling down until you get to “Firefox”?
- Then highlight it by simply clicking on it just once.
- Thereafter, click on “Uninstall”, you will find it on menu bar which is directly above the list of all applications.
- Now, an uninstaller will open, and it will immediately ask your will about deleting the program. Click ‘Next’ (not cancel). Then click on “Uninstall”.
- Click on ‘Finish’ to close this uninstaller window.
- If you are still facing some issues then you can contact their service provider by visiting this link – https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contact/.
Uninstall Firefox from MacBook
- Open Finder
The procedure for uninstalling any software or app from Mozilla Firefox is different in MacBook from any other PC. So, you will have to open the Finder in your MacBook to make it easier.
- The finder will allow easy access to all files, folders, and applications.
- This is one of the easiest beginning points if you uninstall Firefox completely.
- By following this step, you will also be able to uninstall all the other files which are associated with Firefox.
Remember that getting rid of files associated with Firefox is equally important to keep your device secure.
- Uninstall the Mozilla Application
Once you have opened the finder, it is going to be a cakewalk for you to uninstall Firefox with the kind of easiness that MacBook offers. Although Mac is usually difficult to use, once you get used to it, you can be a pro in it.
- In the finder, search for the file titled “Firefox. The App” or you can also search Mozilla in the search box.
- Now, click on the heading “Applications” which is on the left of the Finder window.
- Then, click on that file and simply drag it to Trash (it is on the desktop scroll and can be located at the bottom of the screen; outside of window).
- Eliminate All Associated Files
Even after you have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox, there will be many files which will remain in your MacBook. Mozilla will create a lot of files which will be located in different places on your Mac. So make sure to delete those files as they are of no use now. Just, search for the following:
- Remove the content of all these folders: /Users/User/Library/Application Support/Firefox/ and /Users/User/Library/Caches/Firefox.
- Also, don’t forget to remove any files which are listed as “Preferences/org.mozilla.firefox.plist” and you can find it in the “Admin”, “User,” or “Library Folders” (bill).
- Remember that if you will not delete the files associated with “Firefox” then they may turn into malware which may affect the working of your device.
Uninstalling Firefox from Tablet
- Turn on Your Android Tablet and Unlock it
As already mentioned, Mozilla Firefox is one of the most versatile browsers among others. And over the course of time, it has gained ground in the Android smartphone industry, computers and all in all Tablets. So, if you want to get rid of Firefox from your tablet, then by following the below-mentioned step you will be able to do this.
- First of all, keep in mind that Firefox works only on Android, and are not compatible with other systems. Although attempts have been made by Apple and Microsoft to make it work on other devices as well all those attempts failed.
- Now, enter the menu screen and thereafter select the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Once you have selected the settings icon, a list of different options will appear on your screen.
- Then select “Application Manager”. It can have different names which may vary from system to system. Selecting this will display a list of all of the major applications which are present in your device.
- Now, among many options which will be shown you have to look for ‘Firefox’ in the list of applications and then select it.
Now, it is time for you to finally get rid of the Mozilla Firefox from your tablet. Once you located “Firefox” you can directly jump on to uninstalling that app.
- After clicking on the title, touch the ‘Uninstall’ button.
- This will directly uninstall that program.
- Once the program is uninstalled you will receive a notification after you have confirmed that option.
- Once you have received the notification that the program has been uninstalled, you shouldn’t be worried about the presence of that program in your device. Because you won’t be able to find it anymore in the device.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Firefox without losing bookmarks?
How do I completely remove Firefox from my Mac?
How do I uninstall Firefox from command line?
How do I uninstall and reinstall Firefox on my Mac?
How do I delete all data from Firefox?
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences. Click the menu button and select OptionsPreferences. Click the menu button.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the Clear Data… button.
- Click Clear.
How do I remove Firefox as my default browser?
- Click the “Start” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Click “Default Programs.”
- Uncheck Firefox as your default browser in the “Programs” list. Select another browser and click “Set this program as default.”
How do I disable my browser?
- Open the Google app on your Android.
- Head to the More section (three parallel dots given at the bottom right) and click on Settings.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll down and look for the option that says “Open web pages in the app.”
- Flick the toggle to disable it.
How do I disable my default browser?
- Select the “Start” button, then type “Internet Options“.
- Open “Internet Options“.
- Select the “Advanced” tab.
- Scroll down a bit to the “Browsing” section. Check or uncheck the “Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser” as desired.
How do I remove a default browser from my computer?
- Select the Start button, and then type Default apps.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Under Web browser, select the browser currently listed, and then select Microsoft Edge or another browser.
How do I clear Android default browser?
How do I stop Windows 10 from changing my default browser?
How do I change my browser settings on my computer?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Settings .
- Open your default apps: Original version: Click System Default apps.
- At the bottom, under “Web browser,” click your current browser (typically Microsoft Edge).
- In the “Choose an app” window, click Google Chrome.
How do I change browser settings in Firefox?
- Click the menu button (three horizontal lines) and select Options.
- In the General panel, click Make Default.
- The Windows Settings app will open with the Choose default apps screen.
- Scroll down and click the entry under Web browser.
- Click on Firefox in the dialog that opens with a list of available browsers.
How do I change my browser to DuckDuckGo?
Launch Chrome, click on the “three dots” menu icon in the top-right corner of the window, and click “Settings.” Choose “Search engine” in the list on the left of the screen. Click on the drop-down box next to “Search engine used in the address bar” and choose DuckDuckGo.
How do I open a browser on my computer?
What are 5 examples of browsers?
- Google Chrome. Chrome, created by internet giant Google, is the most popular browser in the USA, perceived by its computer and smartphone users as fast, secure, and reliable.
- Apple Safari.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge.
- Mozilla Firefox.
What are the three most used web browsers?
Is Mozilla Firefox a Web browser?
Ads by Google