Spotify is a big player in the streaming music industry, and in the US it has over 217 millions of active subscribers, including the free accounts.
Unsubscribe from Spotify Premium
Now, many would not know that Spotify does not only offer free accounts, but it also had paid services. Spotify Premium offers added benefits to its users, including the ability to download songs.
- Now, reading this article from Spotify support will be a good start in understanding their procedure for cancellation of subscriptions.
- You can unsubscribe through the Spotify app and from their website as well, which is a good thing to know.
- It is a good idea to check your subscription page and see what it says about your current status. In some cases, you might not have the option to cancel simply because you are already on free.
Unsubscribe from Spotify App
One way to talk about unsubscribing is also from their notifications and other promotions. In this case, you would like to look for this (https://www.spotify.com/account/unsubscribe/?t…a=unsubscribe/) page.
- But, when you are using the Spotify app, you can go about unsubscribing from Spotify premium using these steps described here.
- Click on your profile and go to the accounts page. When you are on the page, you can find subscription in the menu on the left-hand side.
- Then, you can tap on change or cancel, and then tap on cancel premium.
- You shall be asked again to confirm, and then tap on yes, cancel.
- Once you do that, you can see the date from which you will be returned or downgraded back to Spotify Free.
Unsubscribe from Spotify on iPhone
When you are using the iPhone or iPad, you always have the option to Log-In to their website and unsubscribe from there. The steps will be the same as mentioned above. You can also use their app, and also unsubscribe through iTunes.
- Just go to your iPhone’s settings, by tapping on the gear icon, and then scroll down until you find.
- Then tap on your Apple ID, and authenticate yourself the way you had set it up.
- Then tap on subscriptions, and scroll to look for Spotify. You can find that with the note for the next billing.
- Tap on it, and then tap on cancel subscription, and then tap on confirm to allow the same.
- There is a student discount that Spotify offers as a promotion to get more subscribers. If you use that and cancel your subscription, you cannot apply for the discount even with another account, until the 12-month verification period expires.
Finally, if you like you can always close your account by going to Spotify, after you’ve unsubscribed.
How do I cancel my Spotify subscription?
How to cancel Spotify Premium on an Android
- Tap on “My Account” icon. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider.
- Tap on “CHANGE PLAN.” Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider.
- Tap “CANCEL PREMIUM.” Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider.
How do you cancel Spotify premium on app?
On the Account screen, scroll down until you reach the Subscriptions section and tap. There, you will see your Spotify Premium subscription listed. 4. Tap on your Spotify Premium subscription and select the Turn Off Automatic Renewal option to cancel your subscription.
Is it easy to cancel Spotify?
Go to your account page. Click ‘Your plan’ Select ”Change plan’ Scroll down to Spotify Free and click ‘Cancel Premium’
Is it difficult to cancel Spotify Premium?
If you do want to leave, doing so is easy. You just need to head to the right page and make sure you have your login. You can head to the subscription page and choose the “cancel your subscription” option from the Subscription and payment section.
Can I cancel my Spotify Premium anytime?
Spotify has a contract-free membership, meaning that you can cancel Spotify account anytime. If you are unsatisfied with the service Spotify provides, don’t waste your money. You can use the money on other music streaming service providers.
How do I stop automatic payments on Spotify?
Tap Manage under the Subscriptions section. Tap your Spotify Premium from your list of subscriptions, then tap the Turn off Automatic Renewal option. Tap Done to confirm.
What happens if I cancel my Spotify subscription?
When you unsubscribe, all data on your account such as saved music and playlists will still be there. You can still listen to them while on Free, but just in shuffle mode (except on the Desktop app). When you re-subscribe to Premium you can re-download your music them for offline use.
How many times can you cancel Spotify Premium?
If you don’t want Premium anymore, you can cancel any time and keep what you paid for. You‘ll remain Premium until your next payment is due. After that, your account switches to free.
Can I refund my Spotify Premium?
Spotify offers no refunds for any other issue regarding the Premium plan.
How do you cancel Spotify without password?
Whether it’s Spotify
, Gmail, or just a random website, all platforms offer users a simple cancelation form.
Spotify can still be useful even on the free plan.
- Go to your account page.
- Go to the Your Plan tab.
- Select the Change Plan option.
- Select the Spotify Free option.
- Click on the Cancel Premium option.
Is there a cancellation fee for Spotify Premium?
This means there’s no Premium plan to cancel, and there’s no payment info on the account. If you’re being charged, you likely have Premium on a different account. Try logging out and back in with different details. Was this article helpful?
Can you cancel Spotify premium before trial ends?
It’s important to note: cancelling your subscription before your free trial is over won’t end your access to Spotify Premium. Once you switch to Spotify Free, you‘ll still be able to listen to Spotify’s library. However, you‘ll only be able to play music in shuffle mode, with ads.
Does Spotify charge me for free trial?
After the Free Trial Period, you will automatically be charged the then-current monthly price of the Spotify Premium Service and the payment method you provided will automatically be charged that amount unless you cancel prior to the end of the Free Trial Period.
Is Spotify premium worth?
Is Spotify Premium Worth It? If you use Spotify with any frequency during the month, Spotify Premium is a great investment. For the price of one digital album per month, you get high-quality music, the ability to save music to your phone (which could pay for itself in data charges), and no ads to interrupt.
Is Spotify free forever?
Yes, subscribers will continue to use Spotify for free after the expiry of the trial period. However, this will be the free version with various limitations, such as the inability to download songs for offline use.
What is the catch with Spotify?
There is no catch and the artists are getting paid for their music when you listen to it. With Spotify, it’s easy to find the right music for every moment – on your phone, your computer, your tablet and more.
How much is 1 year of Spotify Premium?
Spotify – $99 Annual Card.