Spotify is a big player in the streaming music industry, and in the US it has over 217 millions of active subscribers, including the free accounts.
Unsubscribe from Spotify Premium
Now, many would not know that Spotify does not only offer free accounts, but it also had paid services. Spotify Premium offers added benefits to its users, including the ability to download songs.
- Now, reading this article from Spotify support will be a good start in understanding their procedure for cancellation of subscriptions.
- You can unsubscribe through the Spotify app and from their website as well, which is a good thing to know.
- It is a good idea to check your subscription page and see what it says about your current status. In some cases, you might not have the option to cancel simply because you are already on free.
Unsubscribe from Spotify App
One way to talk about unsubscribing is also from their notifications and other promotions. In this case, you would like to look for this (https://www.spotify.com/account/unsubscribe/?t…a=unsubscribe/) page.
- But, when you are using the Spotify app, you can go about unsubscribing from Spotify premium using these steps described here.
- Click on your profile and go to the accounts page. When you are on the page, you can find subscription in the menu on the left-hand side.
- Then, you can tap on change or cancel, and then tap on cancel premium.
- You shall be asked again to confirm, and then tap on yes, cancel.
- Once you do that, you can see the date from which you will be returned or downgraded back to Spotify Free.
Unsubscribe from Spotify on iPhone
When you are using the iPhone or iPad, you always have the option to Log-In to their website and unsubscribe from there. The steps will be the same as mentioned above. You can also use their app, and also unsubscribe through iTunes.
- Just go to your iPhone’s settings, by tapping on the gear icon, and then scroll down until you find.
- Then tap on your Apple ID, and authenticate yourself the way you had set it up.
- Then tap on subscriptions, and scroll to look for Spotify. You can find that with the note for the next billing.
- Tap on it, and then tap on cancel subscription, and then tap on confirm to allow the same.
- There is a student discount that Spotify offers as a promotion to get more subscribers. If you use that and cancel your subscription, you cannot apply for the discount even with another account, until the 12-month verification period expires.
Finally, if you like you can always close your account by going to Spotify, after you’ve unsubscribed.