It is important that you keep your version of Google Chrome up to date. This article will take you through the process of doing this step by step. Updating Chrome will ensure that you don’t have any problems with using any aspect of it.
Upgrading Chrome on your PC or Mac Computer
The process for upgrading Chrome on a Mac or PC computer is the same. You will need to follow these steps to do it.
- First open up Chrome on your computer.
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen. The icon will be green if an update has been available for two days, orange if an update has been available for four days, or red if it has been available for 7 days.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you do not see this button, you are using the current version.
- Click Relaunch to restart the browser. When it starts back up, it will be updated.
Upgrading Chrome on Your Android Device
If you want to upgrade Google Chrome on your Android device, you can follow these steps.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon and select My Apps & Games.
- Under the Updates section, look for Chrome.
- If you see Chrome listed, tap Update. If you do not see it listed, you are using the current version already.
Upgrading Chrome on your iPhone or iPad
If you want to upgrade Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Updates, which is located at the very bottom.
- Look for Chrome in the pending updates section.
- If you see Chrome listed, tap Update to install.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Once you do this, the necessary updates will begin downloading and then install.
- You may not be able to update Google Chrome if you are using an older version of Windows. If you are using Windows Vista or older, it won’t be possible to update your browser. In this case, you will need to update to at least Windows 7.
- If you cannot get Google Chrome to update, you can download the installer from the official website.
How do I know if my version of Chrome is up to date?
Does my Chrome need to be updated?
What is the latest version of Chrome?
|Chrome on macOS||91.0.4472.124||2021-06-25|
|Chrome on Linux||91.0.4472.124||2021-06-25|
|Chrome on Android||91.0.4472.120||2021-06-23|
|Chrome on iOS||91.0.4472.80||2021-06-03|
Does Google Chrome update automatically?
Why can’t I update my Google Chrome?
Where is the more button on Chrome?
Press the More menu, denoted by three dots located in the upper right corner of the browser window.
What do you call the three dots in Chrome?
Why is the menu bar missing in Chrome?
Do I have Google Chrome?
Are Google and Chrome the same?
What is the difference between Google and Google Chrome?
Is Google Chrome a free download?
Does it cost money to download Chrome?
What are the disadvantages of using Google Chrome?
- 2.1. Confusing with Chromium. Chrome is basically an open source browser based on Google’s Chromium project.
- 2.2. Privacy Concerns with Google Tracking.
- 2.3. High Memory and CPU Usage.
- 2.4. Changing Default Browser.
- 2.5. Limited Customization and Options.
How do I download the latest version of Google Chrome?
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click Update Google Chrome. Important: If you can’t find this button, you’re on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
How do I get Google Chrome?
- On your Android phone or tablet, go to Google Chrome.
- Tap Install.
- Tap Accept.
- To start browsing, go to the Home or All Apps page. Tap the Chrome app .
Which is the latest version of Chrome for Windows 10?
- Latest version: 91.0.4472.124.
- 70.33 MB.
How do you clear your cache Google Chrome?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.