It is important that you keep your version of Google Chrome up to date.
This article will take you through the process of doing this step by stepUpdating Chrome will ensure that you don’t have any problems with using any aspect of it.
Upgrading Chrome on your PC or Mac Computer
The process for upgrading Chrome on a Mac or PC computer is the same. You will need to follow these steps to do it.
- First open up Chrome on your computer.
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen. The icon will be green if an update has been available for two days, orange if an update has been available for four days, or red if it has been available for 7 days.
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you do not see this button, you are using the current version.
- Click Relaunch to restart the browser. When it starts back up, it will be updated.
Upgrading Chrome on Your Android Device
If you want to upgrade Google Chrome on your Android device, you can follow these steps.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon and select My Apps & Games.
- Under the Updates section, look for Chrome.
- If you see Chrome listed, tap Update. If you do not see it listed, you are using the current version already.
Upgrading Chrome on your iPhone or iPad
If you want to upgrade Google Chrome on your iPhone or iPad, follow these steps.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap Updates, which is located at the very bottom.
- Look for Chrome in the pending updates section.
- If you see Chrome listed, tap Update to install.
- You may be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Once you do this, the necessary updates will begin downloading and then install.
- You may not be able to update Google Chrome if you are using an older version of Windows. If you are using Windows Vista or older, it won’t be possible to update your browser. In this case, you will need to update to at least Windows 7.
- If you cannot get Google Chrome to update, you can download the installer from the official website.