Spotify is for artists. If you are doing and creating music and holding podcasts, you want to know if you can upload them to Spotify. Here is how to go about it.
Upload Podcast to Spotify Free
If you use Spotify for listening, you might as well find out that this is a great platform for artists too. You can create your music, and upload here. Before we start, here (https://podcasters.spotify.com/faqs) is a small article that tells the current scenario on this topic.
- Spotify does not have a podcast service, but you can use RSS links that host podcasts and then have it on Spotify.
- Alternatively, if you want to claim access to a podcast already on Spotify, you can simply do that by going to your account, and click on add your podcast.
- Then, paste the link of your podcast’s RSS feed, and then Spotify will send a verification link to the email address in the RSS feed.
- Copy and paste the 8-digit code of the verification.
Upload Podcast to Spotify from Podbean
You can use third-party services to submit your podcasts to Spotify and that is how this platform also advises creators to do. Podbean is a service that allows you to host podcasts, and then submit it to Spotify.
- You can simply get an account, and when you have a new podcast, go to your account’s share page.
- This feature is available for all unlimited and above accounts, that is, go to ‘Settings>Social Share’.
- Once you do that, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions of Spotify, and then hit apply.
- Currently, Spotify doesn’t support video or mixed media podcasts, so that is a limitation.
Upload Podcast to Spotify from Anchor
There is another service or distribution network that allows submitting or applying for Spotify. This is called anchor, and it allows you to apply for submitting your podcasts through this service. There are a bunch of articles at anchor help.
- Once you have applied, it can take up to 24 hours for your podcast to be available on Spotify.
- Thereafter, your podcasts on anchor will automatically be available on Spotify in 24 hours, without need for applying again.
- Then, you can also share it widely with your Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/) followers, right from Spotify or from anchor as stories.
- In case you want to submit your podcast manually to podcast directories, be sure that you have your anchor RSS feed to share.
Spotify does not allow access to individual producers and networks or aggregators as of now, so that may not be available to you.
Is it free to upload a podcast to Spotify?
How do I upload my podcast to Spotify?
- Verify your podcast meets Spotify’s requirements.
- Create a Spotify account.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Enter your RSS feed link.
- Verify you own the podcast.
- Enter details about your podcast.
- Review and submit your podcast.
How much does it cost to put a podcast on Spotify?
Why isn’t my podcast showing up on Spotify?
How long does it take to put a podcast on Spotify?
How can I podcast for free?
Can you get paid from podcasts?
Is doing a podcast worth it?
Who is the highest paid podcaster?
How do I get sponsors for my podcast?
Are podcasts still popular 2020?
How much do podcast sponsors pay?
How do I market my podcast?
- Build an email list or outreach list before your podcast launches.
- Record 3-5 podcast episodes before you launch.
- Pick a launch date.
- Create assets like images, clips, and shareable quotes.
- Launch day!
- Message your list to ask them to listen and review.
- Keep publishing new episodes consistently.
How do I get more views on my podcast?
- Create a website for your podcast.
- Build an email list and send out regular newsletters.
- Post about every new episode on your personal handles.
- Use relevant hashtags.
- Reply to comments.
- Post in relevant Facebook and Reddit groups.
- Reach out to another show to cross-promote with them.