Aloe Vera gel works wonders for different skin ailments. It is known to have healing properties that can help to heal and cure minor rashes and burns.
It is known to have antiseptic and moisturizing properties as well for which it is a component in many skin applications.
Preparing your Skin
If you have purchase aloe vera gel from any store before you apply it on your face, you need to prepare your facial skin accordingly.
- Wash your face with mildly warm water and soap or any face wash.
- Exfoliate gently; this would help to remove deceased cells and allow the gel to work better on your face skin; this can be achieved with a grainy exfoliating scrub with a moisturizer added to it; this step should be skipped if you have inflamed and irritated or sunburnt skin that you wish to treat.
- Once you have washed and exfoliated your facial skin, wash off with cold water and pat dry the face with a soft towel.
Apply Gel on Face
- Apply the gel with clean fingertips.
- If you are using it as a moisturizing skin applicant, take a small amount on your fingertips and apply gently upwards in concentric circles. Leave on for 30 minutes after which you can wash it off and pat your skin dry.
- If you are using it to treat inflammations, sunburns or any form of skin irritation, apply the gel directly in a concentrated form on the affected area; this can be done on minor abrasions, insect bites, sunburns, and other irritated skin patches.
If you have not applied aloe vera on your skin before and you are experiencing redness or swelling, then it is recommended that you stop applying the gel.
It could be the brand that you use since most cosmetic or over the counter products would include chemical preservatives that are added to the gel. Hence, it is best to refer to a dermatologist in such cases and know the right medicated brand to opt for.
Applying Home Sourced Aloe Vera Gel on Face
If you have aloe vera plant at home, this can be used to extract the sap and use it in gel form on your facial skin.
- Take a portion of an aloe vera leaf; cut its base and remove serrated edges of the leaf.
- Remove the skin from either side with a vegetable skinner from your kitchen.
- Cut the leaf, into half and vertically.
- Take a clean spoon to scoop out the gel; store it in an airtight container.
- Wash and exfoliate the skin; cleansing the skin before applying the gel is necessary; in case your facial skin is irritated from rashes, inflammations or burns then opt out of exfoliating it.
- Take a portion of the gel with clean hands and apply it on the face with your fingertips.
- Allow the gel to get absorbed into the skin and work its wonders for at least 30 minutes.
Besides using the basic sap, it can also be turned into a toner, a moisturizer or a face cleanser by using distilled water with the sap along with the addition of a few drops of any essential oil that is good for the skin.
Use it as a Facial Toner
To use aloe vera’s beneficial properties in your daily skincare routine, you can create a natural toner for your skin in the following way.
- Add a few tablespoons of distilled water to a cup of aloe vera sap.
- Run it through a blender.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Use it as a Moisturizer
To avail of its benefits on dried or cracked skin, use aloe vera gel in the following ways:
- Take a bowl of the sap gathered from the aloe vera leaf.
- Add a few drops of vitamin E, vitamin C or any other essential oil with moisturizing properties.
- Blend the mixture.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use it as an Anti-Acne Facial Application
If you suffer from acne use the aloe vera gel with tea tree oil. Mix a few drops of the oil in a bowl of aloe vera sap, run the mixture through a blender and store it. Use it to cleanse your face several times daily to see appreciable results.
Different Skin Problems where Aloe Vera can come of use
You might simply be suffering from dry skin, a minor cut or burn or a skin condition that needs regular care and treatment. These can include.
- Minor cuts or rashes
- Dermatitis in different forms
Besides suffering from skin ailments, you can also use aloe vera to enhance the health and beauty of your normal skin. It helps to promote a clear complexion, especially those who have acne or acne scars on their faces. If there are occurring any inflammations the aloe vera gel can help to provide relief.
How does it work?
It is known to contain vitamins C and A as well as antioxidants and enzymes that are beneficial for the skin. Hence, it acts as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and healing agent for different skin ailments. Aloe Vera gel is known to be available at different commercial stores like health food or pharmacy stores. It is also possible to extract the gel directly from the leaves of the plant and put it to direct use.
The above methods show how you can apply aloe vera gel on your face and benefit from the same.
Can we apply aloe vera on face daily?
Can I apply aloe vera gel overnight?
What is the best time to apply aloe vera gel on face?
How do I use fresh aloe vera gel?
Can aloe cause hair loss?
How do you wash your face with aloe vera?
- ¼ C aloe vera gel.
- 2 T almond oil.
- 2 T rosewater.
- 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil.
- 3 drops of vitamin E oil.
How long should aloe vera stay on face?
How do you wash your face?
Can I just wash my face with water?
What to apply on face before sleeping?
Face Packs For Daily Glow
- Milk for beauty sleep:
- Aloe Vera to cure pimples:
- Honey for inner beauty:
- Lemons to fight dullness:
- Coconut oil to moisturize:
How can I make my face glow in minutes?
How can I make my face smooth and spotless naturally?
Which food whitens skin?
What skin tone is fair?
How can I permanently whiten my skin naturally?
- Eat Nutritious Food. The first and foremost factor that defines a healthy, glowing skin is your nutritious intake of food.
- Drink Plenty Of Water.
- Use Sunscreen.
- Sleep Well.
- Routine Cleansing Detox.
- Nourishing Night Creams.
- Relaxing Oil Massage.