eBay is a shopping site that allows you to shop or sell items and products from your home.
You can use eBay in many ways including to sell, to buy, to make money, and more.
Here is some information on how to use eBay wisely:
Using eBay in a Perfect Way
There are two things that you do on eBay, buy and sell. It is the biggest platform/marketplace that allows you to do that, in several ways, including auctions and bids.
- You need a computer or a mobile with an internet connection for that. Then, you have to go to ‘ebay.com’ and have to register with the marketplace. Click ‘Register’ above the logo.
- Then, you can ‘Sign-In’ by clicking on that link, using your username and password, and a new window opens up taking you back to eBay.
- In the search bar you can look for items to purchase by typing, for example, storybooks. Then, click on an item, and click on ‘Buy it Now’. Complete the payment when checkout.
- To create a listing, you have to click the ‘Sell’ link at top of eBay’s page, and continue. Then, complete the sell your item form and your listing will appear on eBay after you click ‘List Item for Sale’ button.
How to Buy on eBay without PayPal?
eBay allows you buy items from the comfort of your home or any other place. PayPal is a recommended payment method, but still, you can do buy items on eBay without a PayPal account. Here are the steps to successfully buy items on eBay without PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/).
- Visit the eBay website and ‘Sign-In’ to your account with your credentials.
- You have to carefully choose the items that you want to buy on eBay. Do not choose the items in a random fashion or that someone buys or those are trending now. You must choose the items that are worth buying.
- eBay has a list of items and products to choose from. You can shortlist the items by price, brand, color, size, and more. Shortlisting will help you get the items easily rather than exploring all the items in a list.
- You can click a product to see the details of the product. The product details and description will let you know whether it is useful to you. If you have chosen your items, click on ‘Buy it Now’ and move them to the cart.
- Now, you will be asked to include your personal shipping details. You have to provide your name, address, email, phone number, location, and more.
- Then, you have to choose the payment method. Here, you have to select Visa Card, MasterCard or Cash on Delivery (COD). Enter your debit or credit card details if you chose to pay through the card. Verify the card details.
- Scroll down to pay now. Your payment will be processed within a few minutes. The items you have bought will be delivered within 7 business days.
How to Place a Bid on eBay?
Bidding will help you save a great deal of money on shopping. No matter either you are a first-time bidder or have experience in bidding, but the following points will help you place and win a bid on eBay.
- Visit the official website of eBay and ‘Sign-In’ with your credentials.
- Click ‘My eBay’ located at the top. Choose the account tab and then communication preferences that appear on the left side, scroll down to the buyer option, and choose buying activity.
- You can see a lot of options under buying activity, you have to click ‘Outbid’ and set it to real-time. Check when the lots end before bidding.
- Use automatic bidding option, as this helps you to bid the right amount rather than paying more odds. Automatic bidding is useful, but you should not depend on that factor alone for winning the bid.
- You must determine how much you should bid. Do not let someone to outbid you. You should not focus on winning the bid alone. Also, you should evaluate the amount you bid on any item and ensure the amount can provide justice to the item you buy.
- If you win one bid, you may be tempted to bid on various items, but when doing so, you should not retract your eBay bids.
- Also, you should avoid over-bidding. Sometimes, all the items you bid on might close together. In such cases, you may win more than you expected and paying for all of them would be difficult for you.
- Picking your maximum bid does not mean that you will win the bid for that amount. Sometimes, your winning amount may be less than you have opted for.
- Use two browser windows to win the bid. Use one browser to place bids and another browser to view the auction status.
How to Stop eBay Emails?
If you have an official eBay account, then you will receive emails from eBay on every new listing. The default is one email per one new listing, so every time a new item is listed on eBay, you will be notified about that on your email. If you do not want to receive such promotion or marketing emails, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the official site of eBay and ‘Sign-In’ with your credentials.
- Click on ‘My eBay’ located at the top of the home page. Choose the account tab and then communication preferences from my eBay option.
- You can find seller. Under ‘Seller>Selling Activity’, you should change listing confirmed from real-time to none or one of the digest frequencies if you want to receive a summary email about the items listing.
- As like changing seller activity, you can change member communications, buyer activity, seller tools, best offer, resolution center, seller performance notifications, feedback, promotion and surveys.
How to Upload Photos to eBay?
If you are a seller, you can post pictures to eBay for your listing. You can add different photos for the items you sell on eBay. Make sure to include legible photos. You can add up to 12 photos for an item.
- Go to the ‘eBay.com’ and ‘Sign-In’ to your account with your ‘Log-In’ credentials. Click the sell link at the top of the eBay home page.
- Click ‘Add Photo’ that appears to the buy your items to life with pictures on create your listing form.
- Click the ‘Choose File’ button and select the picture on your hard drive or gallery you want to upload for your items that you sell on eBay. Click on ‘Upload’ to upload that picture to your eBay account.
- Repeat the previous two steps until you finish adding the number of photos you want to add. Remember that you can add photos in one by one method. Do not try to choose and upload all photos at a time. Even if you do, it will be of no use.
- Complete the listing as normal to list your item on eBay with the uploaded pictures.
How to Use eBay Bucks?
Whenever you buy certain items, eBay will send you some bucks. You do not need to pay anything to join, earn or use eBay bucks (https://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html). Know the qualifying items on eBay. If you buy the qualifying items, you can get some rewards and use that later when shopping. Here is how to use eBay bucks.
- Make sure the username on your account is the same as the username you used to ‘Sign-Up’ for eBay bucks.
- After moving your items to cart, select the checkbox near to your subtotal to apply your eBay bucks if you have any. If the bucks are applied, you can save something on your final payment.
- In some cases, you may not get the eBay bucks certificate during checkout. If you surely know that you have the eBay bucks certificate, then you can redeem it manually.
- For manually redeeming the bucks, go to ‘My eBay’ and get your certificate code from the eBay bucks section.
- Now, continue to checkout to make a purchase. Enter your coupon code, gift cards or eBay bucks in the specific field at the bottom of the checkout page. Tap ‘Apply’ to apply the bucks.
- You can’t transfer your eBay bucks certificate to someone else, and you can’t combine eBay bucks earned from multiple accounts.
- No matter, you need either to buy or sell items on eBay, but you must make sure to have an official account.
eBay will provide you bucks every 3 months. At the end of every 3-month period, eBay will send you bucks certificate for the total amount of bucks you have earned so far. These bucks can be used to shop the things that you desire.