iCloud is a cloud storage service provided by apple.
It is used to store data and also iOS backup in itIn this guide, you will learn how to use iCloud storageSo, let’s start the guide.
How to use iCloud storage on iPhone and iPad
- Open settings on your device. It is gear like icon on your home scree.
- If you are on an older version of iOS, skip this step. Tap on your profile inside the settings, located at the top of the page, it shows your name and profile picture (if you have set any). If you are not signed in, you need
- Tap on iCloud, located in the second section of the menu.
- Here you will see different types of data that can be stored on iCloud followed by a switch button. Tap the button to on or off it.
- You can turn on backup to iCloud, images, contacts, passwords and settings.
How to use iCloud storage on Mac
- Right Click on apple icon. It is located on top left corner of your Mac screen. It is a black apple icon.
- Now click on system preferences from the right click menu.
- A window will open, find and click on iCloud. If you are not already signed in, enter your username and password.
- When you are done with sign in process, check the box saying iCloud drive
- Below the iCloud backup, you will see list of apps that can access iCloud storage. Check the respective box of the app which you want to give it iCloud access to store its data.
- You may need to scroll down to see all the apps.
How to use iCloud storage on Windows
- Open web browser of your choice.
- Go to iCloud website. www.icloud.com
- Enter your iCloud ID and Password.
- iCloud web version allows you to access your data that have been synced by iCloud from your apple device. For example, if you want to see images, click on photos.
- Click on iCloud Drive to use iCloud storage. You can upload and download files or documents here.
- Drag the files or documents to the iCloud Drive and they will be available on all the devices using this iCloud account.
Note: iCloud offers 5 Gb free storage for an account. If you want more space, then you will have to pay according to its plans. You can check plans on their website.
iCloud drive on Windows PC
- You can use iCloud on windows pc, but you may be wandering, through its website. But that is traditional method and requires you to open the website, making the process long for those who use it many times a day.
Now, just like your Hard Disk drives on your PC, you can make a dedicated drive for iCloud. In this drive you have to juts copy and paste, or drag and drop the files.
Download the iCloud for windows, and add dedicated drive. It will show on the left side of the windows explorer (This PC). You can use 5GB free storage on this drive, however, to use more you need to buy any package.